Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this must be a pretty typical question, but I want to get some opinions on which exhaust is best for the F4? I'm not too concerned about prices, though I would like it to be somewhat reasonable, and I want a full system, not slip on. I've heard that with the LeoVinci for the F4, it won't need to be jetted afterwards. Is this true?
Thanks for any and all info.

CBRbUrR

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/meanmachines

[This message has been edited by CBRbUrR (edited July 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check out:http://www.sportbikeworld.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/000535.html

Yes, I know it is only the slip-on, but the same quality and construction issues apply.

If you have the money, I would recommend Akropovic.

------------------

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. How much did the slip on cost? I think the full systems run like 8 or 9 hundred - 1000 bucks right? Good write-up on your post though. Thanks again.

CBRbUrR

------------------

Quit typing and go ride.

[This message has been edited by CBRbUrR (edited July 26, 2000).]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why do you want a full system? I don't think you'll see much of a difference between that and a slip-on. If you get a full you should really rejet, with a slip-on you don't have to. A slip will go $3-400, and a full will run big$$$$.
i have the V&H S4 and I love it. I also know someone with the 2bros x-metal and they love it. Sounds like a lot of guys on this site are happy with the LeoVinci. If I had the dough, i'd go with a Jardine.

------------------
2000 CBR600F4 -Yellow
All Tricked Out

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CBRbUrR:
I've heard that with the LeoVinci for the F4, it won't need to be jetted afterwards.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JET IT ANYWAY!!! Get a Factory jet kit, install the mofo, and go show some 900rr's what's up! My Yosh pipe and Jet Kit were the best things I put on my bike. It sounded killer, and flew like a mofo. No 929 or anything, but it would easily keep up with a 900. Also, if you're into wheelies (on non-public asphalt, of course :D), then you'll love the Factory kit.

As to your original question: I would avoid V&H, go with Yosh, because they are an extremely quality built pipe. I also like the Two Bros. setup and Akropovic is definitely a good system. If you really wanna spend some money, goo with Erion. Pretty much top o' the line for the bike. After all that confusion though, I'd stick with Yosh, sounds great and the performance enhancements are even better!!!

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Brutha,
I've heard that there aren't many pipes that don't do well on the F4. Sorry for the double negative, but I think ya'll know what I mean. :) How much do the factory jet kits cost? I ran through Foothills parkway with a 929RR the other day and was dumbfounded by its performance. He had just bought it that day, so I had the confidence and familiarity through the sweepers, but when we hit those straights, had was goooooone! Thanks for the advice and sorry about your bike Brutha, I read your posts on what happened. Sux. Anyway, ya'll take it easy and keep the muddy side down. Oh and don't let my honderection scare you! :p

CBRbUrR

------------------
Quit typing and go ride.

[This message has been edited by CBRbUrR (edited July 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just to clear up a few things, the Akropovic is actually a little bit better than the Erion but now we're cuttin hairs so it just depends on what you want. Also the Erion is cheaper that the Akropovic.

Get on, shut up, hold on tight, and dont scream in my ear!

------------------

·
Registered
52 Posts
Erion cans are round and black anodized and cost the same as everything else.

Akropovik is expensive. As with most imports, like Wolf, Arrow, ect.

My Leo Vinci Slip-On cost the same as all other oval aluminum slip-ons.

How can someone say there is little gain with a headder? That is where you get all your gain from with propper jetting. A slip-on won't give you 10+ HP.

Jet your bike even if you have a stock system, unless you live at sealevel and the manufacturer of your bike got the jetting spot on from the factory. Noticeable gains are felt through jetting. I am at 6000 ft., and most of my riding is above 7000 ft., so it makes a huge difference on a bike jetted for sealevel.

Jet kits cost around $100. If done correctly, you won't regret it. Have a shop dyno tune it if possible.

------------------

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So does Leo Vinci make a jet kit for the '00 F4? I saw that Yosh does, but does it really matter what company makes them, or are they all similar? I priced a full leo vinci exhaust and it looks pretty reason able, but I"ll probably dip into the $grand mark with the pipe, kit, and having someone jet it for me. Time to start saving up :)

CBRbUrR

------------------
Quit typing and go ride.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i recomend going with a Factory jet kit, they can help you out when it comes to fine tuning,..they have a data base for your bike so that there will not be any guess work to it. i did my f4 this time last year, it runs sweet, i have a two bros slip on. good luck :)

------------------
texas tornado #2

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
You might want to look into the M4 pipe. They look and sound great on that bike. Their web page is www.M4exhaust.com. M4 rated quite high in Sport Rider's exhaust test last year. One of their distributors(Michael's Performance) is based out of Knoxville and he can jet it for you if you would like. I have now idea what he would charge to jet it though. He has a shop with dyno services in Oak Ridge. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts