Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/)
-   All Other topics (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/31-all-other-topics/)
-   -   Cancelling Account here (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/31-all-other-topics/7263-cancelling-account-here.html)

GSXR600 01-27-2001 02:35 PM

I am sure not many will care since I rarely ever post here, but I have to say that I am cancelling my account here and email account. I have not been contributing here for a long time because frankly I got annoyed everytime I would browse the forums, a new Internet Explorer window would pop up causing an auto ad click somewhere. The consistent spam to rec.motorycles newsgroup was just another. Todays posting there was just the final post that prompted me. I never minded the ads listed on the site as that is just part of paying your bills I guess, but when you force me to auto click an ad that is not acceptable. Thank you. Goodbye.

Squidwannabe 01-27-2001 02:58 PM

Stop yer whining. Nobody is forcing you to click anything. just close the new window that opened and continue reading.

Rug Burn 01-27-2001 03:04 PM

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye. Oh, and of course we care. You're many thoughtful comments and insight will be deeply missed.

Squidwannabe 01-27-2001 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rug Burn
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye. Oh, and of course we care. You're many thoughtful comments and insight will be deeply missed.

LMFAO!!

And stay out !! You pig f**ker!!!

Keith B 01-27-2001 06:09 PM

Ya'know...I've been a long time member even though I also rarely post replies. I must say I'm disappointed in the responses given to Gxsr. It really sets a poor tone for folks who might be thinking about joining. It's making me think twice about staying here myself.

RCjohn 01-27-2001 07:12 PM

Clark, you and Squid lighten up. ;)

I agree that the pop-ups are quite annoying. As mentioned, I just close them and keep going. The Man running this show is working on improvements but it takes time. Try to hang in a little longer. :)

HondaNut! 01-27-2001 07:24 PM

RCJohn is right. There's no need to be foolish fellas. If the guy wants to leave because of pop-ups or whatever, so be it. They are Unavoidable on the net so I guess this guy will be 'cancelling alot of accounts'. As John mentioned, the owner of this site is sensitive to the issue and is working on that. End of topic. :)

Robert 01-28-2001 08:14 AM

GSXR600,

I'm sorry to see you go bro. I hate to loose any of our members no matter how many posts they make. It's not the amount of posts that's important, it's the "quality" of the posts.

Believe me, I hate the pop-ups as much as anyone else here. But currently they are put on SBW by our parent company eFront. I am working on getting them removed. But in the mean time there was another thread on here about a free program that you can run that will keep them from poping up. why not try that?

I hope to see you stick it out, but if you want to leav then so be it. I understand.

Ride safe bro.