Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/13-suzuki/)
-   -   Srad? (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/13-suzuki/65822-srad.html)

ezrollin 01-15-2008 12:09 PM

Srad?

What the deuce is SRAD?
Stupid question I know...
Thanks

r3yrey 01-15-2008 12:40 PM

"Suzuki Ram Air Direct"

lighter-weight version of a gixxer, but almost the same power.... I think :moon: (talking outta my you know what)

zxrider 01-15-2008 12:54 PM

That is correct, SRAD= Suzuki Ram Air Direct

It does not denote a different or limited edition model, it is simply a gimmicky acronym for Suzuki's ram air system. The SRAD decal was affixed to the hindquarters of GSXR's beginning with the 1996 model year GSXR-750, the first year of the SRAD system.

r3yrey 01-15-2008 01:05 PM

yeah.. I forgot to mention that its a lighter-weight version of older gixxer

YZFr6-TX 01-15-2008 05:06 PM

Don't all bikes technically have ram air? I never thought to look on my bike. But if a bike is EFI, I would think ram air would be the only way it could breathe regardless. :dunno:

ezrollin 01-15-2008 05:32 PM

true... its just a marketing trick
kinda like the SS camaro and Trans-AMs have "ram air" but it really has no effect on performance.
what a load of :tp: :bs:

YZFr6-TX 01-15-2008 06:05 PM

I want a sticker now!!

YRAD on the sides would look cool!!! :thumb: :thumb:

NOT! :twofinger

ezrollin 01-15-2008 06:21 PM

hater, you know you like stickers :moon:
suzuki > all *

L7MS 01-28-2008 07:07 AM

Go back a few more years to the Suzuki "SACS" model.
Suzuki Advanced Cooling System.

And don't leave out the TL guys as those bikes also had the SRAD decals on the tail.

For the Yamaha guys you had your EXUP bikes.

As a shop owner I love it when a customer calls up and says he has a SRAD, only because I get to ask "600, 750, or 1000" it always makes them stop and pause because their now usually confused, and don't know how to respond.

For the "Ram Air" not working or doing anything, your kidding right?? The ram air does work and not all fuel injected bikes had ram air. The older R1, CBR 929, CBR 954, CBR 1100 were fuel injection but no ram air. Now look at for example the 954 and Erion racing. I don't think that the race team would have spent a few hundred hrs designing a ram air system for their racebike if it didn't work. All the old race bikes with carbs were modified to ram air bikes like the Yosh bikes going back to the late 1980's.

YZFr6-TX 01-28-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by L7MS

For the Yamaha guys you had your EXUP bikes.

Mine does say EXUP. Never knew why. Maybe it had extra up! Extra power to get the front uo faster? Actually it's the Delta Box. I guess the frame.