Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/)
-   Sport Bike Riders - Singapore (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/174-sport-bike-riders-singapore/)
-   -   Portugal (https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums/174-sport-bike-riders-singapore/64736-portugal.html)

bigphil 09-18-2007 08:21 PM

Portugal

anybody see the race!!! Pretty good un.

Just shows that when the others get similar equipment/tyres old casey doesn't look quite so good.
No where near the race attitude of the other guys ( Rossi, Pedro, Haybale.) Pedro being the most surprising of the bunch. He was all over the shop on the bike ....looked like a young capriossi ...top stuff.

Reckon it's too little too late for the other teams and casey deserves it personally for his consistency on the bike. But it sure makes you think. :D

Gixxer_Dave 09-18-2007 08:43 PM

I can't agree there BP (surprise surprise ;) ) I think Casey can already see the title and just can't take any risks....imagine if he lost it from here!!!

Rossi and Peddy both rode great though and it was great to see some dicing up front :thumb: :thumb:

Maybe Casey is holding out to collect the trophy at Phillip Island??? The place would simply erupt :thumbs2: :thumbs2: I know I'll be down there to see it :eyebrows:

bigphil 09-18-2007 10:18 PM

think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

You can't go out week after week and pull a second a lap on the 7 times world champ if your bike isn't better.
Haybales title was at least 50% to do with the Honda too.

Here's a good bet for a coiuple of dollars GD
If Rossi and stoner get DNF's for the last 4 races and Pedro takes 4 wins...he's world champ!!!! Now theres a bet GD:eek:

I think the "take the championship in Oz" is bollocks. So he could have won but choose not too...C'mon GD listen to yerself, man:cussing;

Rossi's fight with Pedro was classic. As long as he finished in front of Stoner he'd be fine yet he still fought with Pedro every inch..even jepordising his championship chances. Thats what sets him apart. Balls or bust.

Gixxer_Dave 09-19-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bigphil
Here's a good bet for a coiuple of dollars GD
If Rossi and stoner get DNF's for the last 4 races and Pedro takes 4 wins...he's world champ!!!! Now theres a bet GD:eek:

I think the "take the championship in Oz" is bollocks. So he could have won but choose not too...C'mon GD listen to yerself, man:cussing;

It's my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it, big bucks are at stake.

Casey has a 76pt lead with 4 to go, his worse finish this year is 5th for 11pts (14pts less than the win) so he could have five 5th's while Rossi wins all and he still wins by a clear 20 :eek: :p :eek:

I think he'll claim the title in Motegi, I'd like to see Rossi win so the fight makes it to P. Island :cheers: :cheers:

bigphil 09-19-2007 05:48 PM

Nah i want it to go to the last race !!!!!!!! Last year was great and a top last race too boot.

I've had a quick chat with Pedro and he's going to knock stoner off in Japan just like he did to haybale last year.

Stoner will struggle a bit getting that 5th ...5th as there's only 4 races left:D

Gixxer_Dave 09-19-2007 08:02 PM

My maths have never been great but how I turned a 4 into 5 there, I just don't know....

Let me try and complicate it further for you, he only needs to finish fifth in each of the last four rounds and he comes first by 20pts :cheers:

I think he'll finish 2nd in Japan behind Pizza Boy and that'll give him a 71pt lead heading to the island. Rossi will then win another Oz GP and Casey only needs 11th or better to take the championship with two rounds remaining :cheers: :eyebrows: :cheers:

He'll then go on to win both final races as he'll have nothing to lose :laughing: :laughing:

bigphil 09-19-2007 11:33 PM

I just want to see some decent racing thats all. Pretty good chance of stony tony getting the championship but a lot can happen in 4 races :huh:

He better enjoy it cos he's gonna get mugged next year by Westy n Toesland :eyebrows: