Sportbike World banner

Carbs or Injection ?

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  spidieR6 
#1 ·
STORY FIRST. I am a newbie to the bike works. in January I got a 02 zx6r, the yellow hornet was its name. Was thrilled to get out there and stunt, as far as i got was Christ, and burnouts, not much. 6 weeks ago an ass, ran a red light right in front of me and I T-bonned him, need less to say the yellow hornet is smashed, and so is my jaw(two places), sucks balls.

Now I am wanting to buy a bike and get back out there. But I am pondering weather to get a $2g beater, or a newer 05 636. most models are injected past the year of 03'

Which leades me to the question:

Whats better for stunting? CARB -OR- INJECT
CARBURATOR = (that can flood, when left belly side up) while you are on the ground aching your fall,
----OR----
FUEL INJECTION = to my belief, cant flood, better throttle responce, newer age tech(chass, central-I-zation, ect), has more mods add ons than older models(cage,stay,12), and all that good stuff i cant recall.

Thanks for your imput ahead of time

RIDE SAFE, RIDE STRONG:twofinger

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Buy I still dont know It should get a beater,
---OR---
Go all out with full coverage insurance and a 05' 636

The question still stands
Carbs or injection?

Did everything I stated ,up TOP, point out the disadvantage of carbs and advantage of injection? Because I think I know, but need a second opinion.

#4 ·
FI for certain.

But there is something wrong if you are maxxing your insurance coverage for the specific purpose of planning to use it ... ;)

#5 ·
While FI is better, what the hell does it matter if it's gonna be a stunt bike? It's destined to get beat to hell anyway. There is no way I'd spend $5K+ on a stunter.

That being said, one of the most popular stunt bikes is the Honda CBR 600 F4i, which was built since 2001. You could get a 2001 or 2002 model for pretty cheap.

Why not just buy a bike that's already been configured for stunt use? They're usually REALLY cheap.

#6 · (Edited)
Wel I bought a dirt bike to learn/hone my stunting/riding skills

- I learned that weight distribution on the foot pegs can help you turn more effortlessly
- I learned that sitting as far foward as you can gives better steering power - it was funny, my seccond day riding the dirt bike: I was sitting realy far back, arms straight poping wheelies all the time, looked realy awkward, couldnt turn if my life depended on it. My bud told me the right position (still working on it), had my nutz on the gas tank, elbows squared, far forward as possible: and instantly I noticed great feedback from the bike.

Its hard to translate that over to my road bike, the foot peg thing easy-got that, but the far foward is a bit tough. when I turn, I have my cheek on the edge of the seat, but I still sit straight, I need to learn to "kiss the mirror" as my friend puts it. No knee sliding yet, I was on a dusty road one day: and @ home I looked at my tire with resudue, and there was still about 3/4" of contact patch that I didnt touch.

I also have this nasty habbit of dragging the rear break durring turns, it do it because I have this reverberating note from my motorcycle safty corse, the instructor said dragging the rear brake helps steady you turning. Im trying to stop doing it, and doing it pretty good, but I catch myself doing it sometimes like its seccond nature - Should I break the habbit? Or is it indeed good practice?

I have a buell firebolt motorcycle, powerz has all the fixin's for it for what I consider cheap. But I'll wait a year or so, so that I can feel ok about thrashing it.

Stunting is a dream of mine, a dream, I'll just have to play it by ear, road carving right seems more fun to me, and the dirt bike feeds the stunting crave.

==============================================
got another question

how do you think the belt drive will hold up on the buell?
should I buy a chain conversion kit?

I think the belt is plenty tough to handle the work, I mean they thickened the belt on the 04'+ models. surely its not steel or whatever: but I bet I'll do fine with a belt.
They probably made it so it's just as good as chain. . . right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.