Sportbike World banner

TEST RIDE a 600cc at the dealer?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Juke'n round 
#1 ·
hey guys, I just took and passed my Motorcycle Liscence Test at the dps!! I made a 93%
HELLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I took the 2 day safety course before hand...
DAMN IT FEELS GOOD!

I'm gonna pick up some leathers on the way home at the dealer and i was wondering if it would be wise to see if they had a 600cc for a demo/etst ride or something...but I am going to start with a 500cc for sure for sure...or even then could something horrible happen? I've never been on a Sport Bike Before..only cruisers and that weird ass 1975 RD-350 that back in the DAY was fast as hell...

what do you guys think????

#2 ·
To you the sportbike will feel like a bike that is more like a bomb for power that will come on with pure surprise, along with only 1/4 twist to full open throttle & remember the sportbikes were designed for experienced riders & replicas of their road racers SO there is no forgivness in the handeling action. along with front brakes that even two fingers that will send you over the bars if to much pressure.

You might end up paying & having to buy the damaged sportbike as you lay in the hospital.

Aim for that 500cc & learn to ride it.

#3 · (Edited)
Smitty said:
To you the sportbike will feel like a bike that is more like a bomb for power that will come on with pure surprise, along with only 1/4 twist to full open throttle & remember the sportbikes were designed for experienced riders & replicas of their road racers SO there is no forgivness in the handeling action. along with front brakes that even two fingers that will send you over the bars if to much pressure.

You might end up paying & having to buy the damaged sportbike as you lay in the hospital.

Aim for that 500cc & learn to ride it.
Yeah, I bet you’re right...I got to thinking, I guess I was just to excited after getting my license.....500 it is...I’ll see if he has one to Test Ride...:crying: :D

#6 ·
Greatzippy said:
I second that question :confused: :confused: Go to a dealer in NJ and you get yelled at if your zipper hits the tank. Only place I know of that'll et you test drive a bike is BWM.
Yea. I was stunned when the guy told me to go sit on a bike when I was buying pants. I was like :eek: :eek: Pompton Honda/Suzuki is great if you're buying gear, I don't know about the salesmen or their service dept. though.

#7 ·
Greatzippy said:
I second that question :confused: :confused: Go to a dealer in NJ and you get yelled at if your zipper hits the tank. Only place I know of that'll et you test drive a bike is BWM.

I think so?!?!?!?! damn....I Hope so???

#8 ·
Only one dealer I found in California let you test ride bikes. International Motorcycle Exchange I think was the name, in Fremont. All they let people test ride were used bikes though, no joyriding the new ones. I got to ride a Daytona 955i, 2001 I think. Nice bike. :thumb:

I haven't found anyone in Indiana willing to let you test ride (save for Harley dealers).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.