Sportbike World banner

paint it or not?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  R6steve 
#1 ·
I've a 2000 R6, the red, white & black one & I'm thinking about pulling off the decals that say Yamaha & DeltaboxII on the lower fairing, the striping & R6 decal on the tail in order to put flames on it (kinda like the 2003 R6) that start @ the front of the lower fairing & go out to the tip of the tail. It would just be the lower fairing & the tail piece. I'll keep the tank covered with a black tank bra & the middle fairing will stay as it is. Are there companies that make these kind of decals? Or is there a way to make them ourselves? Or is painting the best way to go? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve

#2 ·
try Tapeworks, if they don't have it now they'll probably start to soon with people getting hot over the R6/1 flame job. If that doesn't work there are shops that do custom vinyl graphics for the ricer crowd. Don't know who but a quick look in the back of a ricer mag or google search ought to turn up something. The decals ought to be cheaper than paint but the paint may be more durable???

#3 ·
apexismaximus said:
try Tapeworks, if they don't have it now they'll probably start to soon with people getting hot over the R6/1 flame job. If that doesn't work there are shops that do custom vinyl graphics for the ricer crowd. Don't know who but a quick look in the back of a ricer mag or google search ought to turn up something. The decals ought to be cheaper than paint but the paint may be more durable???
What a great idea! I was hoping that there would be somebody out there trying to tap into the excitement of that new paint scheme. To bad I can't convince my wife that it would be better to just buy the new R6 to give my current one a buddy;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.