Sportbike World banner

Should there be a Pacific Northwest SBW get-together??

• Heck yeah!!

Votes: 38 74.5%
  • I might be interested.......

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I don't think we can pull it off,but,maybe....

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No way Jose'!

Votes: 2 3.9%

SBW Pacific Northwest Meet???

23K views 255 replies 22 participants last post by  katana600 
#1 ·
Okay folks,let me just throw this out there for general discussion....
If you are like me and can't get to the gatherings that occur at Deal's Gap or Phoenix or where-ever,should we here in this part of the country try to gather together at a mutually agreed upon location for riding,meeting,touring,eating or partying,(or whatever)????Nothing formal,ya know...just an excuse to ride and meet with others that share our passion!!:)
For a day,for a weekend??Where?? When??
Or am I thinking about something that no one is interested in??
Let's hear what you think!!!!:):)

Thanks all!!

Be safe!!

JIM

#2 ·
Heck Yeah!

I'm down, Jim, and have an extremely flexible schedule. I'll be on Ranier the end of this month (24-28) but otherwise anything is good.

Anyway, who needs stinky 'ol Deals Gap when you've got the famous Renton S-Curves? :rolleyes:

#4 ·
There's a fairly large sportbike meet in Kelowna, BC in Aug. I've never been able to make it but I understand there were over 500 riders last year, with a large percentage coming from the States. I know they have a website out there somewhere, maybe under SPORTBIKEFEST or something like that. ( I keep trying to get out for it but something always comes up).

#7 ·
Meet??!!

LOL,Scotty on the "S" curves!!
So are we looking at the gathering in B.C. as our "goal" or something else folks??
I am on vacation August 25 thru September 9. Unfortunately I made reservations for Chelan,over a year ago, the weekend of the B.C. gathering!!:(
I'm kinda thinking this could be a fun yearly deal for this region!!

Later;

JIM
PS: I'm gonna go for a short 4th of July ride or else!!:):)

#10 ·
Love to join you guys but....

Since I'm bikeless right now, I'll have to pout at home and pass this time around. I'd love to rub elbows with you guys, but for now I'm limited to hanging out at the track to get my bike fix.

<SIGH>

Unless... someone wants to come pick me up. ;) :)

Kidding.

Have fun guys!! Be safe!!

#12 ·
Kelowna is about an hour away from me, looking forward to going to it this year, always a blast. Hope to see some people from the boards show up, usually is always a blast.
The site where it is taking place is a quick blast to town, so when your hungry, bored (as if), town is just a few twisties away.

Hope to see whoever comes!

Dan

#13 ·
Hmmm,I'm still scheming 'bout this......
I'll be at Lake Chelan that weekend,I wonder how long a ride it is to there?????????

Any other ideas as to an alternate for those farther away??
Mount St. Helens??
Seaside,Oregon??

Jim

#14 ·
just an idea

You guys should consider riding down the coast to Lincoln City, OR. Awesome highway down and Lincoln City is pretty kickin. Since summer is pretty much here to stay for the NW, it would be the perfect drive. :) Enjoy boys.

Watch out for those damn State Troopers. I can't keep em all busy at once. ;) Although I could resort to my "old job." :D

JK!!!! (maybe)

#15 ·
Oregon Coast Or????????????

Diane:

Been there,seen that done that!!:):)
The whole darn Oregon coast from northern border to south is great!!:):)
Maybe a group ride along that is also an idea!!
I lived in Orygun for almost 12 years and consider it my second home!! I have some pretty good friends down there I will be seeing this summer!!Yeah!!
I f we cannot get together a "meet" at least some kind of a "day" ride sure would be kewl!!
Come on folks let's make some definite plans and show the rest of the country we know some good riding!!:D:D:):)
Anyone for a ride over the North Cascades Highway??
The Olympic Penninsula or??
Time's a-wastin'!!!!!!Let's get something goin'!!!!:)
(Or is Deal's Gap or Mulholland Drive "THE" only place in the universe to ride!!???)

JIM

#17 ·
Okay, time to rub heads together and spark a thought. I don't know about a meet, as my on-bike time is usually somewhat limited by family commitments (they need to be committed, but that's a different story:rolleyes: ) however, I would love to do a long ride. I vote for either the N. Cascades Loop (that's the one around Mt. Baker, right?) or a ride out to Neah Bay. There are also some really cool roads out toward Mt. Adams, too, though they are WAY out there.

Pretty much any weekend is great, as long as I have a week's notice or so, and for that matter, any work day, too.

#18 ·
scotty said:
Okay, time to rub heads together and spark a thought. I don't know about a meet, as my on-bike time is usually somewhat limited by family commitments (they need to be committed, but that's a different story:rolleyes: ) however, I would love to do a long ride. I vote for either the N. Cascades Loop (that's the one around Mt. Baker, right?) or a ride out to Neah Bay. There are also some really cool roads out toward Mt. Adams, too, though they are WAY out there.

Pretty much any weekend is great, as long as I have a week's notice or so, and for that matter, any work day, too.
Either a great ride or a get together,(or how 'bout a meet to ride:D)!!!
Anyways.....the North Cascades Highway takes you up over the Cascade mountains to Lake Chelan,etc on the east side. And then you can make it a big loop and come back over Stevens Pass or gas up and go back over the North Cascades Highway again.
I have a floater day of unscheduled vacation I can request to take a weekday.I'd prefer a Monday or a Friday. I just have to check with the boss and make sure there are no scheduling problems.
So I say let's do one of the above!!!:):) The Mount Baker one is just a few hours or so depending on what other back roads you want to ride. The Cascade Highway is a day long affair.
Name a day that's good for you Scotty and we'll do it!!
Neah Bay is good too.....hopefully we can get a non-foggy day to do that one otherwise it gets pretty chilly. Also have to plan for the ferry ride too!!(I'm gonna check the tides this time!!:D)LOL
Next Sunday I know for me is shot 'cause I have to go to a wedding.
Lemme know what ya all think!!!
All are welcome!!:)

JIM

#19 ·
Okay

So let's figure on the Mt Baker one first, since it's shorter (and we can throw in some more backroads if we want.) Plus afterwards we can stop at some bar, get all shitty, and then ride wheelies ('cause I only ride them drunk) lane splitting down 405 during rush hour. Also, N. Seattle area is easier to get to for the BC folks than the Kitsap Peninsula. We'll save the Neah Bay ride for another day, say, mid-end of August?

So everyone chime in here with an opinion. Even if it's not a full blown affair, it would be nice to see some representin' going on. Jim, I will just meet you on Whidbey the morning of the ride and we could ride over together.

Looking into the crystal ball, either this coming Friday or Monday (7-13 or 7-15) would be okay. Otherwise, I'm golden on the 20th, but then won't be able to go again until the first Monday of August.

#20 ·
SBW Pacific NW meet?

Hmmm,days off coming up-July14.I`m working the 15th for the 20th so I can leave for the Spokane bike races on friday and all my weekends are busy until the middle of september with Spokane,SIR,family reunion,school reunion and Sportbikewest taking up weekends to the end of august then I`m taking two weeks off to go down to Santa Rosa,CA to visit friends and party.

#21 ·
Re: Okay

scotty said:
So let's figure on the Mt Baker one first, since it's shorter (and we can throw in some more backroads if we want.) Plus afterwards we can stop at some bar, get all shitty, and then ride wheelies ('cause I only ride them drunk) lane splitting down 405 during rush hour. Also, N. Seattle area is easier to get to for the BC folks than the Kitsap Peninsula. We'll save the Neah Bay ride for another day, say, mid-end of August?

So everyone chime in here with an opinion. Even if it's not a full blown affair, it would be nice to see some representin' going on. Jim, I will just meet you on Whidbey the morning of the ride and we could ride over together.

Looking into the crystal ball, either this coming Friday or Monday (7-13 or 7-15) would be okay. Otherwise, I'm golden on the 20th, but then won't be able to go again until the first Monday of August.
Scotty,all sounds good to me I'll check with my boss-man to see if I can get either day off.I am assuming here you meant 7/16 which is a Monday.7/15 is the Sunday I have to go to the wedding.:(
I'll find out tomorrow and let ya know!!
We'll post the day/date in case anyone else is interested!:)

JIM

P/S: No lane splitting allowed here,just dodging cow pies and deer!!:D

#22 ·
The Mount Baker ride

Just thought everyone would like to hear this.
I met Scotty Saturday morning at the Keysone ferry landing and we proceeded from there to go up the Island,over to Burlington,Sedro Woolley, up Highway 9 and up to the top of Mount Baker. Boy when they say 15mph on a corner they mean it!! The weather was great!!
The traffic was not too bad so we got a chance to play around and some cars even pulled over very politely!!:)
They have a fee now at the top IF you plan on parking and walking around. We stopped for a brief moment to stretch and what not and then headed back down the mountain playing some more.
This time we headed due west down a few more twisties into the farmlands and ended up in Bellingham.
We got behind some of the speedier vehicles:D on I-5 for the trip back home to the turn off to Whidbey Island.
Scotty is a great guy so if you ever get a chance to hook up with him do so!
We are planning our next ride right now.Possibilities are out to Neah Bay,Mount St.Helens or out around the Olympic Penninsula,or??
Hopefully we will post it here and give anyone a chance to join up if they'd like!!:)

JIM

#23 ·
I'm originally from outside of Portland, and as soon as I finish my masters, (in Spring I hope) I may be back in the area. I would love to go ride.

I am having problems finding any roads here in the midwest that get even close to the fun stuff in the Northwest. I will drop you guys a line if I even get out in the area.

G
#25 ·
We can all meet at my shop in central Oregon, I was going to have a customer BBQ and HP shootout on the dyno in late Aug/early sept. anyway so come on down! we'll have a Sage's Dirt & Street / Sportbike World get togather!!

PS. email me and let me know how many tires I'll have to order!!

PSS. Just a thougt! :D , See Ya.

#26 ·
Sage said:
We can all meet at my shop in central Oregon, I was going to have a customer BBQ and HP shootout on the dyno in late Aug/early sept. anyway so come on down! we'll have a Sage's Dirt & Street / Sportbike World get togather!!

PS. email me and let me know how many tires I'll have to order!!

PSS. Just a thougt! :D , See Ya.
Sounds good to me,thanks Sage!!!
I will be stopping in Bend on my trip thru Oregon/Washington the last week of August,who knows??:D
A friend of mine in Bremerton is pricing slip-ons for his 1998 GSXR750. Do you have recommendations for him??

Thanx!!:)

JIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.