wsbk round one - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

wsbk round one

i am surprised nobody posted anything today i know im not the olny one who watched it. i was so happy for the season to start it takes my mind off the snow.
bboz had a crap day but most of the ex gp boys put in a good showing. good to see what yuki cold do on a proper sbk mount. laconi looked good the battle of the day was r2 with chili and vermulen going at it.
alot of crashes,1 in r1 from the rain 5 i think in r2.watching these guys reminds me of how much ama superbike has fallen. i think its obvious where the real talent is going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 04:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Crap! I totally forgot. I'll have to check the TiVo. If not, I am sure they will re-run the races, and I will certainly have that recorded.

Thanks for the update!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

im sure alot of people missed it,or didnt know it was airing tues.
i cant remember where everyone finished but laconi had a 1st in r1 and a 2nd in r2. kagayama won r2.laconi 2nd corser 3rd,im pretty sure corser got 5th in r1.
bboz didnt look very settled in r1 and crashed out of r2. i hope he can pull it together this year.
im sure someone has the results to post i am just going by memory.
whoever was running 13th in r2 set the lap record about halfway thru with a 2:01.633 (if my memory serves me correctly,drugs are bad mkay).
i like the track. once it is broken in and gets some decent lines established im sure the lap record will drop a 1/2 to a full second without a problem.
im not sure how much of a factor sand is there.most of the country is sand so i guess it has to play into it some.the announcer said it had rained the last 3 days in a row,and it usaually olny rains 3-4 days a year so the track should have been pretty clean(in theory).
3/4 of the way thru r1 the rain started and a couple lads had to stand it up and ride out into the gravel. red flag and back in for rain tires and they were off again. the rain let up quickly but left a puddle in one of the corners that made for some scary wobbles and the end of race1- 3 bike crash (nothing serious).
r2 had about 5 wrecks. most of these were off camera but the one that was not was a back of the pack kamakazie who dove on the inside going way to fast(overcooked it by alot!) and took out a guy who was running 9th or 10th.
im sorry this is not a better detailed report of the race but i watched it with some friends who do not ride and are not really fans so there constant babbling thru the race made it hard to here the announcer and concentrate on what was going on. i will be watching it alone or with fans the next round.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2005, 01:17 AM

The next WSBK/05 race is in Phillip island,Australia.4-APRIL
I watched the last trainings in Valencia,Spain...Troy and his SUZUKI was the best in SBK and Charpentier was the best in supersport with his HONDA.
You can watch the next races in EUROSPORT CHANNEL.
I think Ducati won´t win in SBK this year because the big companies really are comming back again...Corser and Kagayama and their team ALSTARE CORONA are very competitive!
HELLO FROM SPAIN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode