Valencia World SuperBike results - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Post Valencia World SuperBike results

In a perfect start to the season, Troy Bayliss got off to great start to the defence of his title with 2 wins. He pretty much dominated the first race with the return of Nori Haga who bagged 2nd after a massive duel with Ben Bostrum (3rd).

A water leak on his no.1 bike, Bayliss took his no.2 machine for the second race. This played into Haga and Bostrums hands as the world champ seemed to struggle to get to grips with this late change of bike. But a dogged fight between the Aprilla rider and Californias golden boy helped Bayliss get back into contention. Such was the determination of Bayliss that he over-hauled his two rivals and stretched into a commanding lead before the race was red flagged 2 laps from completion.

Bostrum had also by now fallen victim to Colin Edwards who claimed 3rd position before the red flag was brought out. Edwards has secured 4th place in the first race and that ties him in equal 3rd in the points with Bostrum. Haga is 2nd and Bayliss 1st with a maximum 50 points.

This looks like it's going to be a very closely fought season and I'm really looking forward to Australia in a fortnights time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2002, 07:46 PM

Quote:
This looks like it's going to be a very closely fought season.
I agree especially since Noruki Haga is back. He hasn't even gotten warmed up yet.When he does, Xaus,Hodgson,Baylis Bostrom,Walker,etc.,are
going to be thinking "How does he hang off a bike that way and not loose his concentration?" Now the only thing that is needed is exceptional race coverage with minimal commerical interuptions.

Last edited by LADN; 03-10-2002 at 07:49 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LADN
Now the only thing that is needed is exceptional race coverage with minimal commerical interuptions.
Yes, being able to see the second race on Sunday would have been nice. Are you lisetning NASCARTV?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jj2f1

Yes, being able to see the second race on Sunday would have been nice. Are you lisetning NASCARTV?
Speaking of commercial interuptions, if I ever meet John Basedow I am going to shove a "Fitness Made Simple" tape up his a$$! I am all about marketing, but that f-in commercial is on SV all the f-in time! It was on 3 F-IN TIMES IN A ROW this morning.

Sorry..........had to vent.............much better now

Don't try to keep up with my life, you'll only get hurt.

-Mike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2002, 09:48 AM

Well, I tried to ignore this thread, but I couldn't hold off 'til Tuesday to find out what happend. I had to miss the first race, and thanks to Speedchannel, there was no 2nd race broadcast. I'm a big CART fan and all, but I thought they could've had both the WSB races on at night instead of rebroadcasting the fooking CART race. Oh well, it sounds like it was some good racing, and I'll probably still enjoy it Tuesday, even knowing the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode