DreamRyder Wins AMA's First Pro Street B Class Shootout against Ricky Gadson. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
DreamRyder Wins AMA's First Pro Street B Class Shootout against Ricky Gadson.

April's AMA event at Atlanta Dragway had be plagued with problems such as: the Clutch, the airshifter solenoid, to blowing a head gasket... I was off on my usual times preventing me from qualifying in the top 16 of the field to race with the A Class. Thanks to AMA's New Pro Street B Class I was still able to race on Sunday however... would have been a huge dissapointing trip if they had not incorporated this new class this year.

With blowing the head gasket on Sat.. my Crew Chief - Nem and Eric from Rev'd Up Motorsports began tearing my motor down to pull it in preparation of replacing the Head Gasket.

thanks to the well supplied Orient Express they had everything I needed this weekend to keep me up and running.. and special thanks goes out to Joe who offered to help replace the Head Gasket and do all that's necessary to get it back together right so Nem and Eric could stay up till 2AM Sunday morning puttin my motor back in the bike. Thank you boyz I most def couldn't have done it without you! Especially Nem with all the driving he did and wrenchin...

After these three men busted their tooshed to get me runnin again I knew I needed to do my best on Sunday to have made it all worth their efforts.

With my qualifying times I got the bi in the first round.. it came down to Myself and Ricky Gadson in the finals.

We both cut the same tree and same sixty.. wasn't till mid track when my bike started to pull on his gaining just a tenth of a second...close to the end my bike acted like it had a boost leak and boged some. I couldnt' see him in my field of view but the folks from the side lines say it was anyones guess who was ahead till the Win light came on on my side after we crossed the traps.

As I let off the gas to slow down, his bike comes flying past me still going.. my first thought was oh shit did I let off too early? LOL as we both get to the same speed he raises his left hand and gives me the thumbs up.. at this time I still did not know who won.. I thought he might have just been tellin me "good run" or "good try".. it wasn't till I reached the turn off point where AMA's Mr Wade Clark has a grin from ear to ear and cheering me saying congratulations .. I swear my heart did a flip flop at that moment with the sudden realization that I won... :beechug:

On my way back to my pit area there were numerous folks clappin and givin me the thumbs up.. here I thought just because it was the "B" class no body would be watchin or would care.. but I guess I was wrong. Once back in the pit Nem comes to me and says Go see Ricky he said he'd sign your slip for ya.. so I quickly grabbed the camera and slip in hand to go see Ricky for this great honor!

We both agree however we plan to graduate from the B class iand be in the A class next time around :wink: BUT I'm very APPRECIATIVE for AMA creating this "B" class to give us a chance to get more track time in and get the experience one can only get at these type of events.. Mr Dunigan from Dunigan Racing was kind enough to put up $ 200 to the winner.. talk about icing on the cake! Where else can you have a weekend of racing with the best and take a lil back with you to help cover the expense. :wink: I surely hope they continue this "B" class.. I can see alot of new up and coming racers gaining from it and hopefully draw more entries for it.

Thanks goes out to all the fellow racers who gave me encouragement to continue to race this weekend even after all the problems ... I'll see ya'll in MEMPHIS!

E.

Atlanta Dragway
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00213.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	30502   Click image for larger version

Name:	040509AMAATLDragway.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	30503   Click image for larger version

Name:	040509AMAATLDragwaysideline.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	30504  

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !

Last edited by DreamRyder; 04-12-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Orient Express with their magic bus filled with all sorts of parts you could possibly need at the track.. I swear I think if I had asked for a cup of sugar they'd have it LOL..

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...entExpress.jpg

Me and my new Paint Job by Mirror Look Customs out of Aura, IL area.

Another view of the New Paint Job

Me getting ready and Nem (my crew chief) in deep concentration...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00163.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	30505   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00156.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	30506   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00193.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	30507  

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

I'm ready to roll! Speaking of which THANK YOU Rev'd Up Motorsports for the new Wheel Bearings... HUGE IMPROVEMENT....

oh did I forget to mention my Crew Chief/Umbrella Boy was one in the same :hys:

one of the times the guys had to tear into my bike to work out some bugs...

me trying to help but often better off staying out of their way LOL
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00197.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	30508   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00179.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	30509   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00173.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	30510   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00174.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	30511   Click image for larger version

Name:	red5.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	30512  

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

various shots on the track
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	red1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	30513   Click image for larger version

Name:	red2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	30514   Click image for larger version

Name:	red3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	30515   Click image for larger version

Name:	red4.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	30516   Click image for larger version

Name:	VG2sm.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	342.5 KB
ID:	30517  

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

more track shots
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VG1sm.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	310.0 KB
ID:	30518   Click image for larger version

Name:	VG4sm.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	30519   Click image for larger version

Name:	040409AMAE4.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	30520   Click image for larger version

Name:	040509AMAE2.jpg
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	30521   Click image for larger version

Name:	040509AMAE1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	30522  

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

another... and

Sunday before the semi's for the Pro Street B Class I had went over to introduce myself to Ricky Gadson as a fellow competitor .. very nice gentlman he is..

Various shots of my Run against Ricky Gadson in the Finals for AMA Pro Street B Class:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2009apramaatl2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	30523   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00183.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	30524   Click image for larger version

Name:	red6.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	30525   Click image for larger version

Name:	040509AMAEandRickyG3.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	30526   Click image for larger version

Name:	040509AMAEandRickyG2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	30527  

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

another...

And my visit over at the Ricky Gadson Pit area:

Evaluating our time slip and how close it was from start to finish..

Ricky Gadson Autographing my Time Slip - with his precious daughter not far from his side.. :wink:

Ricky giving me props for the win... what a character
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	040509AMAEandRickyG1.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	30528   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00200.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	30529   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00202.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	30530   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00204.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	30531   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dream and Ricky G..jpg
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	30533  

Last edited by DreamRyder; 04-12-2009 at 11:06 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

AMA Pro Street B Class Winner's Circle... From Left to Right: Eric from Rev'd Up Motorsports, My daughters Racheal and Kayla, Me, Event Sponsor MTC, and last but not least Nem my crew chief
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2009AprAMAProStreetClassBWinnersCir.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	30532  

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Got the video of the run uploaded but couldn't embed it here so you'll have to check it out on my website... under the 2009 Video page - can't miss it

www.dreamryder.org

E.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Strength and Honor

Wow, Gadson Congrats on the hot finish and thanks for all the snapshots!

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode