buy backs - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-29-2003, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

buy backs

Just curious to hear from others that drag race if their track allows buy backs and what you think of them.At the track I go to they allow you to buy your way back in if you lose in the first round.Personally I think this sucks.If you lose go home.I know the track does it just for the extra money,and I know they need to make money to stay open.
Here (in my opinion) is the problem with buybacks.In the first round if you win then everyone who lost buys back in then what have you acomplished by winning your first race?
At one race I won my first round and the second round.In the third round I lost to someone who I had beat my first race.He had bought his way back in.This was a race that paid $1000 to first place.My problem is that after I had beat him he was able to buy back in and get 2 chances at the money.After I lost to him I was out,no 2nd chance.
Why not just allow 1 buyback no matter what round you lose in?
At least that way everyone gets the same chance.At this race buyback was $25.Who would not spend that for another chance for $1000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 03:11 PM

I have to agree with you. If you get to the track early enough then you have time to go down the track and get all the kinks worked out, the lights down, and what time to dial in. when the race starts you need to be on point and ready to race. PERIOD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode