FLO-COMMANDER.......Does It Work! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: FLO-COMMANDER..........Let's Go!
YES........It Works! 2 40.00%
NO......How Can It! 0 0%
UNDECIDED.......Prove It! 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammin_Johnny
Lightbulb FLO-COMMANDER.......Does It Work!

Hard canyon carvers, track day officianados and tested racers........What do you think about the FLO-COMMANDER?

As of 8/23/02, my race group TEAM NO LIMIT RACING will be using one of our drag race machines in a "TEST" of the FLO-COMMANDER!

I will post results of the "testing" as soon as practical. Testing will include "pre-installation" dyno and "competition" passes to be followed with "post-installation" dyno and "competition" passes.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com

JOHN BURR CYCLES, DYNAMIC POWDER COATING, WIDEOPEN CYCLE SERVICE, MOTUL, WEB CAM INC, ZERO GRAVITY, FLO-COMMANDER, AFAM, SIDI, PIRELLI/CRS, LP RACING.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 04:46 AM

What is this??
I never heard of a FLO Commander could you explain some??
exciter
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

It is a device that connects to the carbs that assists further in the A/F emmulsion process and allows a central adjustment to further "fine tune" these processis.

Go To: http://www.flo-commander.com

This site will be able to explain more completely whereas I can give just a summary and prefer to think viewers up to it for the complete WORD.

Johnny

JOHN BURR CYCLES, DYNAMIC POWDER COATING, WIDEOPEN CYCLE SERVICE, MOTUL, WEB CAM INC, ZERO GRAVITY, FLO-COMMANDER, AFAM, SIDI, PIRELLI/CRS, LP RACING.......

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 03:57 PM

There was another thread about this but no one ever posted a dyno sheet showing that it increased hp.

I'm interested to see if it works. Keep us informed.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

As soon as we get the info from "controlled" testing we will share with everyone!

This is the place to speak your mind about this product before we have our results.................KEEP IT COMING!

Johnny

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 06:08 AM

Jammin_Johnny,
I have installed many of these things on mostly Kawasaki's and Suzuki's. Everything from 600s to 1100s. So far it's been a huge success. Your assessment of how it works was brief but correct. Additionally the Flo-Commander removes the problem of air disturbance in the vicinity of the air jets themselves. Normally as the air enters these jets it is impacted by the swirling air as it enters the carbs. I have noticed many of the newer bikes placing obstacles around the air jets presumably to help with this problem. The Flo-Commander completely eliminates it by moving the inlet air to a location unaffected by the air entering the carburetor throats.

Dyno tests indicate from 5 to 10 hp gain with the Flo-Commander on full liter bikes. It's always difficult to identify exactly what the Flo-Comm contributes because there are always other factors involved. But, clearly the benefits are dramatic. In fact, my customers have never been as excited over a header or jet kit installation.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 05:07 AM

I just added a second Flo-Commander to my ZX-11; this one collects the idle air jets to the same type of valve. As with the main system, a noticeable improvement. The common adjustment for the idle will be especially handy to satisfy the seasonal requirements. This time, the idle on my FCR-41s gets the treatment. Much smother idle and much quicker throttle snap from idle. These things are incredible.

We have run many of them on a Dyno and the most remarkable thing is the huge increase in the middle RPMs and the much smoother performance throughout. The curves look almost hand drawn, hardly a spike or disruption. My own bike picked up around 10 hp at 4000 rpm, and that is exactly how it feels. It almost feels like Iíve replaced the engine with a 170 hp electric motor operated by a hand-operated rheostat. If youíre interested in making a really huge improvement to your bikeís performance, I canít think of anything for $139.00 that even comes close.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Question

Dave, can you send me an e-mail of the before and after dyno runs from these installs? My email is [email protected].

Or if you can........Post them on this thread if you would like. I believe there are others that would be very interested.

Johnny

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 05:26 AM

Oooh yes new bike hardware!

This is gonna be cool... DaveL the multiple patent holding smart guy and a real racer testing new hardware! I just had to subscribe to this thread. Good luck guys cant wait to hear what you come up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode