1/4 mile time - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

1/4 mile time

Just picked up my new 2001 ZX6r Ninja. (Leftover stock, but new).
I was just wondering if anyone new what these bike do in the 1/4 mile stock/how they keep up with other 600's. (I heard that there falling behind).
Doesn't really bother me cause it's my first sport bike/is fast enough for me.
Mainy chose this one cause it fit me best. (Hated how most of the bike have the resivoir right infront of the rmp guage).
THANX

Green 2001 ZX6r Ninja, fully loaded with a/c, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 06:52 AM

MotorCyclist Magazine

It has current manufacturer claims as well as real HP, weight and 1/4 mile times on every bike they have road tested in the back of the magazine for every model currently sold in the USA.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 12:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Jammin_Johnny
Thumbs up

Hey!

As for the magazine print............All there times are corrected. Meaning, manipulated, altered and not necessarily true.

For example, the magazines claim the newer ZX6E's will make a pass of 11.3's "bone stock"........NOT! The numbers are INFLATED, PERIOD! Our rider, Joe Silva, has been dragracing since 1983, everything. He and his wife Cathy are masterful with the .400 Pro Tree. Cutting .4's and low .5 lights routinely.

On our modified '94 ZX6E (machine from '94 - '02 is UNCHANGED), a list of mods can be provided, turns 11.3's as it sits w/ time slips to prove. 1/4 mile numbers are mathematically corrected based on "mean sea level", rider weight of 150 and whatever else sounds good. Point of fact, for every 10lbs. of weight is nearly the equivalent to one-tenth (1/10) of a second. Hardly "true" numbers w/ a 460lbs machine, STOCK.

Best thing to do............Go to your local dragstrip and look for your machine and the well-known dragracer and get their "slips" or ask how fast it really is. This is reputable..............Not corrected conjecture.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode