Hit car at 100+ miles per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Hit car at 100+ miles per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While drag racing on public roads can be fun, it can also be very dangerous. Last night there was a motorcycle show here in St. Louis. All sorts of bikes came out, and it was a lot of fun. Well, after about 2 hours of just "hanging" out, the testosterone started to boil over among many of the riders, and we all headed down to a local "drag strip", Hall Street. Hall Street is an industrial road and VERY dangerous. I never race my bike on this road, but have been a witness to bikes exceeding 150 miles per hour on this 45 mph stretch of road.
Last night was the first time I ever saw a motorcycle accident up close and personal.
A guy piloting a Honda CBR 929 was racing a Suzuki GSX-R1000 at more than 100 mph. As they approaced the 1/4 mile mark, a car pulled out in front of the guy on the 929. As you can already guess, DISASTER happened. Apparently, the guy jumped off of the bike right before impact, but I don't think that helped much. I hate to use this word, but he was ****ed all the way up. He and his bike was in the air for so long, I started to think he was drifting up to heaven right in front of our eyes Seeing this has given me a new found respect for these machines, and reiterated how dangerous they can be while racing on public roads.
Here is a picture of the 929 after landing. The police almost arrested me for crossing the yellow tape to take pictures, but I had to get a shot of this. Honda 929 after landing
Here is the car that hit the Honda 929 Damaged car
Here is a picture of the guy being resuscitated Badly injured rider

Maybe this will be a wake-up call to those who drag race on public roads. Is it really worth the risks???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 07:19 AM

Hello,

Thats the shits. Well, I have seen this happen so many times and unfortunately people just dont learn from stories. I hope the folks who witness this are able to understand the dangers of this. Maybe even spread a positive word.

Miguel
San Francisco Fire / Medic

"I'm always having a good time!"
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

Well, this was the first time I've ever witnessed an accident of this magnitude.
But another thing that got my attention; most of the people he was riding with sped away from the scene after the accident. They were more concerned about getting tickets than seeing if their "friend" was ok. Kind of makes you question the guys you ride with. I would hate for something like this to happen to me, and the guys I rode with took off, leaving me there for dead Just a little something that makes you say, HMMMMM..............

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 09:38 AM

Re: Hit car at 100+ miles per hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by LoveMyR6

Maybe this will be a wake-up call to those who drag race on public roads. Is it really worth the risks???

Doubt it.

Peter

When in doubt, think.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 10:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to naefearjustbeer
Maybe if large groups of people did not gather at these illegal events the testosterone fueled racers would get bored and go home safe!!
There are plenty organised drag strips and events that do not have cars pulling out on side roads

Donnie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 11:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to SilentNEKO
out of curiosity was he wearing any protective gear, and if not could it have saved him. man poor bike, poor cool lookin camaro, oh ya and poor guy. even though I feel bad because a life was lost, I belive in the old saying you play you pay, and my personal saying "STREET RACING IS FOR CHILDREN, YOU WANNA RUN MEET ME AT THE TRACK"

"When the time comes, I'll be too busy lookin good!"
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 03:05 PM

Yea, no doubt that suggss, I witnessed a crash up close and personal, just a couple weeks ago...This fukkin azz decided turn right in front of my boy and t-boned him...He was flying, doing about 50mph...I heard him hit, it sounded like a dayumm rocket launcher....He flipped over a mini-van and landed in a drainage gully of rocks..I thought he was dead...He went to the traume center,,, and left later that night w/ a bruised chest...Very luckyy,, since then my other riding partner drgas his bike around,,,,It really traumtized him.....
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 04:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hysyde
So do you know if the dude definitely died?
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 04:37 PM

Nuttin' like picking your spots: drag racing on a road with access streets?
Anywho...a few years back we had someone in our neck of the woods hit a little old lady in a Chevy Caprice who pulled out in front of him. I think he was on a ZX-11/1000 Ninja, etc. Dunno how fast he was going, but the bike went through the drivers door, and ended up completely inside the car. If memory serves, the force of the impact turned the car over. The cage driver died instantly, the rider went over the vehicle at impact, but died in intensive care a few days later.
If you're going to do anything 'questionable' on the street, pick your spots wisely!

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
'Course, if there's a hot tub at the end of a long day in the saddle, who am I to complain?
Concours Owners Group
AMA Life Member
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2002, 05:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to R6steve
2 victims here, the rider & the camaro's driver. Rider dies & the driver lives with this really sad memory. Prayers for them both.

R6steve, twisty roads lead to twisted minds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode