Sportbike World banner

New England riders

7K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Boston RF900R 
#1 ·
I already know of 1 out there, Cypher. If theres anyone else from NE, or more specifically the boston area, gimme a hollar. - pukes

#2 ·
Ma/NH Riders

1rst outing scheduled for April 5th at Meola's Rt 12 Sterling, Ma. 11am-1230pm lunch/social. 1230pm-??? Ride the twisty backroads of the area. Send me an email if you want on the list. 2 rides planned per month May-Oct. Vt/NH, Quabbin Resevoir, Mt Monadnock...... The list of destinations goes on. 2 week notice so you can plan. Sportbikes only event. Shine 'em up and spread the word.

#4 ·
Re: Checking in from NH

BrUiRcNeR said:
Is that close enough to Boston???

I moved back up here from Florida on Apr1st, and am also looking for local riders and rides to go on.

Let me know.
I'm in the Boston Area, and know some pretty cool routes and destinations in the MA / Southern NH area....

Drop me an e-mail if you guys want to get together for a ride sometime!

#8 ·
I'm in for any VT or most NH rides

I'm in Burlington, VT. I'm up for anything somewhat close to me. I was in Boston last weekend. It's a bit of a haul, but anything in southern or western NH or anywhere in VT I'd be there.

#10 ·
Hey New England riders!

Seems we're in the minority on this site. I know it's been months since anyone's looked at this forum but I was just browsing and noticed many of the past entries were interested in organized rides.

Now I know it's late in the season but keep this in mind for next year....

Check out SRNE or Sportbike Riders of New England on the web. They organize day rides to some decent locations and even a couple of track days up at Loudon. Give'em a look. I plan on making a couple of events myself next year (particularly the track days).

Maybe I'll see you out there...

#11 ·
There's a small and motley crew getting together tomorrow if you are interested. We're meeting at the Union Oyster House at 9:30 then heading south to do the coast (Hingham, Hull, Scituate, etc). It won't be an all day thing since we all have other stuff to do and it won't be a high speed thing since we're picking up an HD guy! :) If you're interested just e-mail me.

Doug.

#13 · (Edited)
Re: Checking in from NH

BrUiRcNeR said:
Is that close enough to Boston???

I moved back up here from Florida on Apr1st, and am also looking for local riders and rides to go on.

Let me know.
Hey Randy, it's Kristen from Team Pepsi Suzuki.. see you found this site as well. I just stared posting here today, so I'm REALLY new.

As everyone can see my name is Kristen, I'm the Promotions Director for Team Pepsi Suzuki (a motorcycle road racing team that my fiancee "Terry" owns and rides for) and we are based in Leominster, MA. Both myself and my fiancee also own 00' GSX-R750's for the street. It would be great to meet some local people once this weather decides to stay in the 50's and 60's.:rolleyes:

#14 · (Edited)
R1pilot said:
Hey New England riders!

Seems we're in the minority on this site. I know it's been months since anyone's looked at this forum but I was just browsing and noticed many of the past entries were interested in organized rides.

Now I know it's late in the season but keep this in mind for next year....

Check out SRNE or Sportbike Riders of New England on the web. They organize day rides to some decent locations and even a couple of track days up at Loudon. Give'em a look. I plan on making a couple of events myself next year (particularly the track days).

Maybe I'll see you out there...
Hi R1pilot:
I saw that you mentioned Loudon. We currently race up there and this year, we are involved with a promotion which includes the giving away of some very nice, replica "stuff" at the F-USA event. Loudon is a VERY technical track, you never rest while your on that track. The webmaster for this site has been nice enough to set up our own forum so check it out from time to time. We will be posting pictures, updates and can answer any questions you might have about racing up at Loudon. Are you going to participate in the Penguin RoadRacing School? Great learning experience and it gives you more confidence for the street. I would highly recommend it.

#16 ·
nhfirefighter13 said:
I'm about 30 minutes from Loudon. :) Gonna be doing my first track day (2 days actually) in June up at Grattan Raceway in Michigan and then hopefully a bunch at NHIS.
Excellent, make sure that you come and met us when you go to Loudon. :) Are you planning to attend the F-USA event in June?

#18 ·
Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the info on Loudon. I just left a post for you on the forum where you posted the Florida track day info.

Anyway, yes I have looked into Penguin Road Racing school. Gotta tell ya -- I've been a bit tentative. I figure I'd like to run a couple of track days where I just get used to riding on a track (never have) before really getting serious. Penguin has just track days too right? I think I've seen their schedule in RoadRacing World.

Last year I was 2 days away from my first track day -- even got a room up in Concord and rode up with some buddies. They cancelled the event cause the sponsor (Boston Harley-Buell) pulled out at the last minute! Real bummer but spent the weekend riding through the White Mountains.

I go up to Loudon every year and would love to meet you guys! Thing is -- my sister chose that weekend this year to get married!! So I'm going to miss it all this year!

#19 ·
R1pilot said:
Anyway, yes I have looked into Penguin Road Racing school. Gotta tell ya -- I've been a bit tentative. I figure I'd like to run a couple of track days where I just get used to riding on a track (never have) before really getting serious. Penguin has just track days too right? I think I've seen their schedule in RoadRacing World.

I go up to Loudon every year and would love to meet you guys! Thing is -- my sister chose that weekend this year to get married!! So I'm going to miss it all this year!

I can understand being tentative, it is a technical track. "Track Days" are approached a little bit different then the school. The track day just basically gives you info on the flags, proper procedures while on the track, and maybe a little follow the leader the school will teach you cornering and race lines. So it is a bit different. Below is the 2002 Penguin schedule for the school and the track days.

April 26 - Loudon, NH
April 29 - Loudon, NH***
May 17 - Loudon, NH
June 7 - Loudon NH
June 11-12 - Loudon, NH **
July 5 - Loudon, NH
July 26 - Loudon, NH
August 16 - Loudon, NH
August 28 - Loudon, NH***
August 30 - Loudon, NH
Septembet 25 - Loudon, NH***
September 27 - Loudon, NH
December 4 - Jennings, FL*
December 6 - Homestead, FL*

* 2 Day Street/Pro School
** Street Rider Track Days

Even if you can't go to the F-USA event, you should come up on a Sat. or Sunday and check out the racing. Hope to see you there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.