Windex on visor? - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 09:08 PM

Personally, I use Windex wipes (that I carry with me while riding) and Carl Zeiss lens cloths (designed for glasses and camera lenses). The lens cloths are more expensive, so I only use those now and again. As mentioned before, I have never noticed a problem with any kind of clouding or fogging. This being said, I probably replace my windscreens every few months due to, as mentioned before, scratches and what not, so I guess that I have never gotten to a point that I have used these products long enough to be a problem.

All this, I have heard that Windex can cause a yellowing of plexiglass, but I have never personally seen it. I won't use it on the windshield of my bike however, there I use soap and water only (just in case there is something to it).

I guess that there really isn't anything new in my post other than a confirmation that I have not had any problem using the Windex wipes in the past...they do get the bugs off pretty good. I do like the idea of rain-x on the outside and the rain-x anti-fog on the inside. Going to try and get some of both tomorrow and give it a shot...

KJtW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 08:09 PM

Thumbs down windex use

I used windex on the windscreen of my Honda ST 1300 and it ate off the protective film like a bad case of sunburn. Honda cleaner or Plexus is what I use. Good old fashioned hot water and soap works good too
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 06:36 PM

if it helps, I know we've solved the question long ago, but i used to work in an ice arena (yep I was a Zamboni driver haha) and I'd clean roughly 200 pieces of plexiglass, and various hockey visors, I used windex by the gallon haha, it is the best thing you can use if you ask me.

"All That I Know, Is That I Know Nothing"
-Socrates

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 11:07 AM

I would stay away from Windex, the ammonia can only be bad! I would stick to a mild soap solution
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 06:16 AM

I really like the idea of the alcohol wipes, but I bet they done really help to get the heavy bugs off. I'll try a few things before I use windex, not too sure what it would do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode