Best Wax I've Ever Used. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Best Wax I've Ever Used.

Just figured I'd give everybody my take on the new wax I picked up at autozone a while ago, Eagle One Nano Wax. This stuff is, without a doubt, the greatest wax I have ever used, even better than Meguire's. Waxes with a different technology than regular waxes, just go to the eagle one website to read about it. Goes on perfectly, smells amazing, doesn't leave that nasty white residue, and fills swirl marks and scratches like nobody's business. No, I'm not a salesman for the stuff by any means, just figured I'd throw this out there. I also heard they now make a polish for metal with the same nano technology, haven't tried it yet though. It worked wonders on my old truck (Acrylic enamel paint), my clear coated car, and most of all my new bike! Strongly reccomend it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 PM

Next time I need to buy wax I will give it a try.

I use NuFinish on my truck & Mequires on my bike.

Thanks for the info.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Banned

I wonder if it would fill in the scratches-rash on my RR? That would be some damn good wax...

-M-

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Strength and Honor

Another one I'm resurrecting since I've done a lot of online reading and found some other opinions.

This link seems to have a different opinion.

Zaino was already on my short list and I simply haven't found any complaints other than cost and time to apply (and its only available online). Both are important considerations, but now that I've got some time and the bike's not real big, I think I'm going to give this a shot.

Anyone here use Zaino?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:37 PM

i never use wax on my ride..... i use the polish glaze stuff !!!and as always the sulfate stuff with water & mothers on my rims. !!! and the stuff in the spray cann...... you-all will think i am crazy.... but it sure keeps the dust off my bike...... bulldogboogers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z1000wax 003.jpg (41.3 KB, 1304 views)
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 07:07 AM

Hi bulldogboogers-

You're not crazy at all! I've been using lemon-scented Pledge on my motorcycle for years as a "touch-up" polish between regular washes and waxing because it does such a wonderful job.

Here is a secret for you. I've taken my motorcycle to go to college reunions, parties, gatherings and social events like that for years. I pack soft rags sprayed with Pledge in a ziplock plastic bag with me. Just outside of town, I stop to brush my teeth, freshen up, and wipe the bugs from my motorcycle and leathers with the rags. People can never determine how I ride 200 miles and arrive so fresh!

~ Blue Jays ~
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 07:14 AM

thanks blue jay..................ziplock bag !!! boy !! why didnt i think of that !!! thanks for the tip !! bulldogboogers
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
Another one I'm resurrecting since I've done a lot of online reading and found some other opinions.

This link seems to have a different opinion.

Zaino was already on my short list and I simply haven't found any complaints other than cost and time to apply (and its only available online). Both are important considerations, but now that I've got some time and the bike's not real big, I think I'm going to give this a shot.

Anyone here use Zaino?
I've been a regular Zaino customer for quite a few years now. It's weird how you are supposed to apply it though; a back in forth motion instead of circular. I also usually use a light mist of water when polishing. According to the instructions they recommend using a little water to get the glassy look finish. As far a the wax though; I have always used Meguiers Wax. In all I do not know if it is even necessary to go through the whole three step process using a cleaner; then polishing; then waxing. Especially, being plastic fairings. Can't believe I just thought of that. Thanks for the post. I think I'll be saving time and money because of this post.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 AM

Hi bulldogboogers-

Using your own thick and soft cotton rags sprayed with the Pledge and sealing them in a plastic bag is much nicer than those thin, paper-towelish wipes they sell in the supermarket. For riders with a thick "base coat" of automotive wax, the Pledge allows one to remove bugs and dust without harming the paint.

It makes the inside of helmets smell fantastic if you use it to wipe inside the chinbar and around the rest of the helmet, too! I can't say enough positive things about using that great product for "non-furniture" reasons...

~ Blue Jays ~
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 10:52 AM

thanks again blue jay.........oh...... i just love it !!!! you should patton that idea !!! because in wal-mar the darn product would sell like hot-cakes !!! bulldogboogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode