Any ideas - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Question Any ideas

I have a 00 Yamaha R1, I live in calgary, Alberta.....up here there are so many red R1's that I am getting sick to my stomach. I am looking for a completly custom set of plastics for my ride. Any ideas on where i could go to get a custom set or any ideas for a paint scheme that would be completly original??

Your help is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 09:42 AM

why pay $800 for all new plastics, when you can pay $500 for a custom paint job?

besides, the plastics will probably be primer grey, or hella more expensive if they come pre-custom painted.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

do you know any web sites i can look at to get some ideas for paint?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to slaintedan
Quote:
Originally posted by yamaha=god
do you know any web sites i can look at to get some ideas for paint?
It really depends on what kind of paint you want. Do you want a race replica or something completely original w/ lots of graphics? Do you want a chameleon paint or a standard solid color?

Me for Emperor of America!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 02:19 PM

Hi YG-

Save the money and just sit tight for a few more years. Enough people will wreck their 00' Yamahas that you won't see too many red ones on the road anymore. I can ride practically forever without seeing another pristine Honda CBR 600F2 like mine.

~ Blue Jays ~
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Jays
Hi YG-

Save the money and just sit tight for a few more years. Enough people will wreck their 00' Yamahas that you won't see too many red ones on the road anymore. I can ride practically forever without seeing another pristine Honda CBR 600F2 like mine.

~ Blue Jays ~
Ditto. Part of the joy of my FZR is it's the original (still high gloss) paint. I love the fact that half the people can't figure out what it is, and then the subsequent shock when they find it's a 91.

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to RRukus
Ok, Here it is the best place to get paint done other than me down in the AZ (hehe) is this place called BK designs, they do a lot of custom work (promo stuff) for the Superbike Team I was managing. Incredible creation and design. we had them airbrush a helmet with women in bikinis and you could actually feel the bumps of their nips when you touched them! And you would touch them cause they looked so good! Incredible though from Motorcycles to Gear they do it all. They are out of Canada as well.. You can see the helmets I spoke about @
www.bkdesigns.net

For advertising information, please PM sportbikes.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 06:31 PM

I'd look to see the shop's other work before choosing one.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 07:28 AM

Here is how I painted my 00 R1 I too wanted something different, it had been wrecked, I repaired all of the damaged plastic and dented tank, all of the graphics are air brushed on there are no decals on the bike

Before

If you go to my web site you can see lots of examples of bikes that we have painted there is also a section of race replica paint jobs to look at, there are also a lots of bikes that we painted under the examples section at the top of the page under finished bikes. I often tell customers to look at the picture sites out there and get a good idea of what you like and don't like,

This might give you some ideas anyway..Bob
http://empiregp.com/

Ride Hard; Take Chances; We Need The Work!
CSBA member #284

Last edited by plasticweld; 02-15-2006 at 09:31 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:51 PM

dont paint take it to a sign shop and ask to have it wrapped in vinyl its dirt cheap and if you get bored of it you just peel it off and wrap it with something else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode