Griot's Garage - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

Griot's Garage

Anyone familiar with Griot's? I get their high-end car care catalog. In the catalog is a ton of products for car and bike - I'm wondering if anyone here has used their waxes, cleaners and products, and what the results were?

Thanks.

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's....
His hair was perfect.
Werewolves of London again"

Warren Zevon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2003, 03:54 PM

I've bought both detailing supplies and tools from them. Products and service are both excellent. I currently use their wax, Instant Detailer, and paint-cleaning clay. The Detailer's Handbook has lots of useful info.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2003, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Griots

DataDan:

Thanks for the reply. I've had my concerns about rubbing clay onto a clear coat and plastic - glad you've had success with their products.

Looks like I'll give them a try.

Ride Safe.

"I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's....
His hair was perfect.
Werewolves of London again"

Warren Zevon

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 12:04 PM

Griot's has some good products. They are car enthusiasts. They do their own research on products before offering them in their catalog.

It is a good idea, however, to look around with respect to most of what they sell, as their prices on many items are a lot more than what they sell for elsewhere. For example, their "ultimate" hose nozzle? They want like $80 for it. I found the same nozzle on another site for $29. As you can see by this example, there is a lot of mark up.

Their detailing stuff is good, but not excellent. They have a low level scratch removal system which will not take out very much scratching on paint. Probably designed that way so the average buyer does not burn through their paint on the first pass of the polisher.

There is paint detaling stuff sold elsewhere that is better, takes less time to use and is better quality for the same or less money (in my opinion). Like the 3M professional line (you have to buy it at auto body supply shops or a few auto parts stores carry part of the line).

They do offer tools and some shop accessories that are unique and top quality, such as their tool cabinets, which you can stand on the drawers (when they are pulled out) without damaging the suspension on them. Of course, like everything else they sell, you pay a very high price for them (around $1100 for the five drawer cabinet as I recall).

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2003, 10:27 AM

For detailing supplies check out Don -- www.dccarcare.com

That's where I get all my stuff. I'm about due to order some more goodies...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2003, 01:26 PM

As noted already, Griots has some nice products and great service. Prices however seem to be on the high side. As a detailer that would make no sense for me to use that product when there are many others out there for less money and probably give me a better shine/protection.

That other site .. dccarcare ... holy cow thats pricey! I saw the 24 dollar kit and thought ... man I need to grab some of that stuff if its that cheap! Then I look at its 100 bucks! ouch! Great product in there though. Again, as a detailer that wouldnt be the way I could go, although weekenders can do something like that with amazing results.

Cujo
Custom Car Care
*Custom Detailing*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode