Damn super clean!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Damn super clean!!

The other day I was at the car wash and latley i have been using castrol super clean to get the grease off my rims, I had a bit of autosol on the clutch cover of the engine and not thinking gave it a squirt with the super clean,,big mistake!! now there are big streaks going down like a bunch of oil spilt out. I tried using soap/water and a brush and some other cleaners and nothing. Does anyone know what might work to get it off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 07:23 PM

Thumbs down

Dude that sucks.............the same thing happened to make last week.........i was psssst off!!!!

I used the same freakin cleaner.
SIMPLE GREEN WORKS BEST!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 08:01 PM

3M makes a general purpose adhesive remover, it can be found at any car parts store. I think its about the same as brake cleaner, just easier to apply. I useally use it on the sprocket, rotors and really grungy brake dust off the wheels. Just dont get it on the rubber as its a pain to get the discoloration off... but it does a GREAT job at getting off the greese and grime on any metal surface. avoid dripping on paint it will haze it. it will really dry out your hands also so try to keep exposure at a minuim. I just apply with paper towles and keep wiping with a clean spot. that SHOULD do the trick...Good luck!
~Melody

Men.....
They all start out like grapes, and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 02:02 PM

Autosol?

Autosol is a company that makes (very good) car care products. Do you mean that? Or do you mean you spritzed some grease or oil?

If you cannot find that 3M product that Melody suggests (3M is top notch stuff!), you might try going to a hardware store and buying a quart of Toluene. It works well for removing adhesive material but should not remove any clear or paint surface coating. Use rubber or at least latex gloves, and no fair huffing the stuff!

Another possiblity would be to use Trisodium Phosphate in hot water. Buy it in the paint section of the hardware store. It will remove grease from anything. Only warning is: DO NOT LEAVE ON PAINTED SURFACE, REMOVE IMMEDIATELY. But you won't need to worry about fumes.

In the future, I suggest if you need a spritzing thing to remove the grease on your bike, use Turtle Wax (or comparable) bug and tar remover, as it is safe on all paint surfaces, but first try using soap and water or a spray detailing wax like Saeng's "Can Do", or even Fantastic.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 05:17 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the suggestions....melody and fuster. Be safe out there!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode