professional detailer on the board now - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Jones
professional detailer on the board now

hi, new to the board, no bike yet... but hopefully next summer. I figured as long as i lurk around the board gathering what info i can, i'll also lend my advice, and since i don't have a bike yet, i'll help where i know what i'm talking about. I've been doing professional detailing (cars mostly) for some time, and have learned a ton. Bikes are a little different, but i'll do what i can to be a help here. I've used/tried just about every product out there, and if i haven't i know someone who has. So if you see something and have questions about it feel free to ask. Also just curious... if someone where to describe what the bulk of people here do to 'detail' their bikes... would the answer be.... zaino, klasse, meguiars cleanerwax, or automatic carwash? Thanks... looking forward to helping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 08:11 PM

DR JONES,

How u feelin,, dayumm sorry to hear about the bike thing, but i will keep you in my prayers that the fairy bike mother will drop a nice bike under your pillow

Fyi, my wheels are polished, so i use mothers to clean em up,,for the bike itself, i wash it w/ Honda-brite..Its a cycle cleaner/degreaser..Then freshin her up w/ a meguiars glaze...Have got good results w/ these combos so far.

Any feedback on products to make her glow better ,, holla @ me, thanxx

Last edited by Ruff-rida; 06-23-2002 at 08:13 PM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 10:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Provis72
Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will be asked about a million questions in here, but don't be afraid to ask any you might have. Also look through past topics, as many of the questions you may have, have probably been answered. This sight is truely usefull!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Jones
for the body of the bike it's best to use something that is strong and lasts... this gives better protection and it will last longer. Makes it easier to keep it clean once you do it good once. I'll write up a good article on this subject and post it here. Also for anyone looking for suplies check out www.properautocare.com. They have just about every product you can buy (everyone worth buying at least) and the site also has a good source of info.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 09:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Z06vette
Wow someone here who knows what Zaino is. That is all i use on my vette, and thats all the bike is getting also. It really works great and is non abrasive but you probably already know all about it. I gotta get some pics up of how good my 2002 Corvette Z06 looks with this stuff on it. Zaino is the stuff to use.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 06:42 AM

Detailing

what products do you all use to wash your rides with? since i'm in the northeast area (pittsburgh) i have alot bugs, tar and and everything else that can possibly stick to the bike.

i been using your typical car washing products but for some reason, i can't get the bike to look as good as the dealers bikes, or when they wash my bike after a repair serive.

Jeremy

Counting pennies for next year's trackdays.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 07:48 AM

When I give the ride a bath, I use S100 and for basic wipe downs I use Plexus. I have seen the dealers use Plexus on the bikes at the shop. I like using the S100, because it does not leave spots on the bike and it is not too expensive either. I use mothers on the wheel and the pipe, but I think it is a little abrasive and I am currently looking into something else for that.

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:06 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to maryland_outlaw
Quote:
Originally posted by UglyAngelX
When I give the ride a bath, I use S100 and for basic wipe downs I use Plexus. I have seen the dealers use Plexus on the bikes at the shop. I like using the S100, because it does not leave spots on the bike and it is not too expensive either. I use mothers on the wheel and the pipe, but I think it is a little abrasive and I am currently looking into something else for that.
Try this link: http://www.shinybike.com

Outlaw

Suzuki, there is no substitute!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 11:37 AM

They say armor all can revitalize weather beaten tires.......are they fricken crazy, using armor all on a bike tire.... how do you like these products???? Any pics?

KNEE DOWN FINGER UP!!!!

That will buff out!!

Women are like parking spaces.....you get in...you get out....and you leave it behind you!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by UglyAngelX
Angel, i bought some of the S100 last night and the stuff is awesome.

Peace
Jeremy

Counting pennies for next year's trackdays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode