Lp, aluminum bolt kit...... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

Question Lp, aluminum bolt kit......

Just ordered the LP aluminum colored bolt kit for my 954.. Just wondering if anyone else ever put one of these kits on & if so how did ya like it >> ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 11:45 PM

Question What is that?

I was curious, so I went to LPs website. I couldn't find what you were talking about. What specifically is an aluminum bolt kit? The only thing I could find was aluminum body kit screws.

Checked out pix of your bike. Looks good. I'm also contemplating going with a new graphix kit: the chrome/shadow kit. It looks pretty sweet. I installed the carbon inlay frame sliders, and they look pretty badd azz! I'll try and post a pic of them.

Check out this pic of the chrome/shadow kit:

Waddaya think?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

JBINSD,

Did you say you installed the carbon inlay frame sliders??? Ive been trying to ge them, lockhart told me they werent avaialble yet for the 954 & couldnt locate them on parts411 either... Let me know where ya get em, so i can blow up my bike,, THANXX

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 01:06 AM

Thumbs up Got em'!!

Ruffrida,

Yep, I do have the carbon inlay frame sliders on mine. They are extremely tight!! I have received tons of compliments on 'em. I ordered them at my local shop, and they got them from LP. It took about 5 weeks, but that's because they hadn't been released yet. I picked them up and installed them about 2 weeks ago. Check LP again. I got em out here in San Diego. I don't know if they only released them on the west coast or what. If you can't get them, let me know. Maybe I can get them for you and send them to you.

You never told me: what is the bolt kit?

L8R............JB

I can fix it....my dad's a tv repairman. He's got an awesome set of tools!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 12:27 PM

I have used the LP bolts. They look good at first but fade from sun almost immediately. They are also very soft. Be very carfull when tightening them. They will not stand the torque of the stock bolts.
Doug
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

VAROOM, thanxx for the feed back..
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

JBSINSD,

I installed them on my bike yesterday..They look HOTT, initially when i ordered a few things from parts411, they told me they were backordered,,,but when i got my order they were there, guees they got em in b4 they shipped my order....My boy took one look And mabe me order him a pair...Anyway good lookin out being willing to get em and send them to me..But i got em...Thanxx
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 10:45 AM

Talking Right..right...

Cool. They do look tight, don't they? I checked into the bar ends that match 'em, but they won't work without modifying them. The ones for our bike have a kind of key-way at the top of them to keep them from backing out. The ones from LP don't have that piece. I went ahead and bought a pair of silver ones to see if I can make a small piece that has the key-way. If I get it to work, I'll let you know. I think the carbon inlay bar ends would kind of set off the clip-ons.

L8R..........JB

PS - I guess it's a race now to see who can post pix of the frame sliders first.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

JBSINSD,

I was looking into the bar ends too..Its a race between my boy & I to see how can do the most mods to there bike....lol..all in fun...We just bust on each other and rub it in, when one of us get something new for our rides...
TO date, i have done this,, powercommander IIIr, devilshotgun pipe, competetion werkes fender eliminator kit, short stalk 3's on rear, flushmounts on front, tinted windscreen, seatcowl, competetion werkes footpegs, grips, carbon inlay frame-sliders i polished the lips on my wheels,carbon fiber mirrors, & tapeworks kit to change the graphics....Still some more things i wanna do, but thats where im @ for now...The bike is starting to shape up & lookin pretty tuff....

What have you done to your bike so far??? Let me know, im always looking for some hott new mods to add, or ideas,,,,, Ladaaaaaa Bro...

Last edited by Ruff-rida; 06-22-2002 at 07:55 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 10:30 PM

RuffRida,

I have done the following to mine: Erion Racing slip-on, Targa dark smoke windscreen, LP carbon fiber flush mounts up front, LP short stalk 4 in rear, custom fender eliminator, Second Look tank skin, LP carbon in-lay frame sliders, replaced all three headlights with super bright ion bulbs, and I think that's it...for right now.

I'm gonna try and get those carbon in-lay bar ends to work this weekend. I'm thinking about putting on the tapeworks kit in silver/shadow next. I'd like to get rid of the red graphix.

Any updated pix with your polished rims? I'd like to check that out. Also, how much was your devilshotgun exhaust system? Is that just a slip-on kit, or did you have to change the headers too? That looks pretty tight. It's different, that's what I like about it. Are both cans active? If so, any noticeable loss of low end power? Also, I couldn't tell from your pix, did you have to remove the rear pegs?

Let me know. L8R......JB

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode