Favorite used bike????? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Favorite used bike?????

Hi all,

my name is Dillon and I'm looking for a used 600cc. Before I catch a lot of grief, I grew up riding dirt bikes from 80cc to 500cc super cross ready two strokes and a new 450cc fuel injected 4 stroke dirt bike (fast!). I have also been on cruisers and a 250 ninja, I understand the need for learning to ride on something small but I'm past that point.

So my question is what is your favorite 600cc that is used, year(s), make, and why? I'm not sure what years of bikes had better tech or better handling or which ones to stay away from. Looking for great handling in the twisties and something fast. I was thinking about the ZX-6R 636 what are your thoughts??

Thanks for all answers!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 01:23 PM

depend on your budget.

636 is very good!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Strength and Honor

I've owned a 636 since upgrading from my starter ride years ago. After a chat with a former WERA racer his thoughts were that it was an ideal track ride because of the extra oomph. Its pretty cheap and they changed the geometry in '05 from the previous generation ('03-'04). So if you look I'd stick with the '05 or '06. I've had some troubles with my '05 brake rotors warping and the '06's are thicker. Going rate is roughly $4k. See kawiforums.com, a sister forum; it's pretty active.

In that era I found all the others to be uncomfortable for my 6', long-limbed shape. You'd be well served to sit on whatever you can find to determine your comfort level on each of the major models. My wife loved the GSXR.

An alternative I've considered are the CBR600RRs that have ABS in the recent past, which was highly rated for a while.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 01:04 AM

Its completely depend on your budget and your passion about that bike.

Huge information existing about cycling and biking. Observe all that information that you need to know regarding bikes and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode