Hi! New rider, won't make you *headdesk* - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Hi! New rider, won't make you *headdesk*

Hey everyone. I just passed my BRC/MSF this weekend and, I guess when the RMV decides to be efficient and mail it out, licensed to drive a motorcycle! I'm a brand new rider but had a lot of confidence towards the end on my little Rebel that I did the course on. I've been driving automatics for the 7 years I've been driving cars (23 y/o now) so maneuvering the clutch, throttle, and brakes was a challenge.

Anyway, I went out and got myself a sweet, lime green 2010 Ninja 250 today. I had set aside $5k for my bike plus accessories (I already have gear), and I came in at right around $4,600 total with bike, HJC helmet, bike cover, alarm, some cleaning supplies, and every incidental you can think of (including tax, title, plates, delivery, and insurance.). They had to lower it a few inches for me since I'm a short, petite chick at 5'3" so I should be getting it by Thursday or Friday.

I wanted to make a general comment too: some of the posts on this forum are... wow. Naive? Stupid? Reckless? I hope I never come across an inexperienced rider on an R1 down any highway that I'm on. Thanks a lot for all the advice you guys put out here. It seems like a good number of posts on here are irresponsible, illiterate pissants who can't and don't want to listen, but us normal people who want to be responsible and well-informed about bikes really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode