OK, you have convinced me, now i need help - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

OK, you have convinced me, now i need help

Well, after reading on this forum, ive decided to do something I dont do often. Ive decided to listen to other people than myself. Ive called the guy with the 2001 R6 that i really want and told him im not interested. (even though i am... so much.) nicest bike ive seen in person but enough about that bike before i change my mind. Ive been looking for a fzr or a sv or Ninja 500 and i found a 01 SV650s. The bike needs new front fork seals and thats all. Owned by a woman and it only has 3600 miles. She moved up to a GSXR 600 and she is getting rid of this one. I am driving 2 hours to check it out so i was wondering if i could get some advice. What should i check and stuff like that. Price is $3k and she is willing to move because of the fork seals. if it doesnt need tires, chain, sprocket and the other wear items, what kind of price would be considered a good deal. i have a few weeks before my license comes in so i dont have to buy this bike. But what should i expect to pay if i want a good deal.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 04:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Depending on mileage and condition, 2K would be a good starting point. I'd only pay 3 if it was immaculate (which it isn't given the condition of the fork seals). If there is noticeable cosmetic damage or something like that, I'd probably go under 2, but it's really hard to say not seeing the bike, and not being familiar with the area.

If you have any friends who know about bikes (I mean really know, not just people that have one) see if you can talk one into going with you. It is best to have a mechanic check the bike but seeing as how you are going to be far from home, you never know what you'll end up with.

Good job reigning in your ego and sticking with a practical learning bike. You'll thank yourself for the rest of your riding days.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

ya thanks for the advice. I mean he told me he is willing to move on the price but it almost seems insulting to him to start at $2k. I guess i can try it and see what happens if i like the bike

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Keep in mind we're in different areas, so bike value will vary. I'm just going by what I've seen around here. YMMV.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 PM

negotiation .....tough for some....

try things like....I've been saving and i have 2000.00

If you have cash, show them the money, its harder to turn down cash when your looking at it...

If they dont go for your amount, drive off. You can always go back. Its hard to put all this into words especially since I hunt and peck...lol...

Snakes right, take someone who knows bikes, and someone who knows horse tradin...

Hell give me a grand and I'll go with ya...or just come down here and I'll help for free...

but ALWAYS remember....dont buy expired groceries from a gixxer jockey

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKninjaZX9 View Post
but ALWAYS remember....dont buy expired groceries from a gixxer jockey
You can buy confidently from a honda jockey though

-Will Rogers
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 07:11 PM

Missed ya Snake....

havent gotten Snake Sht in awhile..

get it...shit from Snake

sorry been talkin to Jester and got used to havin to explain everything...

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Lifetime Premium

Thats ok, there's a slow one in every family...

How's things goin down south? Still gonna hook me up with that hot cousin of yours?

-Will Rogers
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 03:36 AM

HOT........as in HOT AS HELL...

Sorry bro, she married my sister....heres a shot from the honeymoon...http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/o...n/LESBIANS.jpg

Abraham Lincoln
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

haah well glad to see you guys are catching up. But i went to take a look at the bike today and it was in great shape. He wanted to only move to $2800 but i only brought $2300 cash with me to prevent me from paying more than i should have and he took it after a while of thinking. I love the bike and now all i have to do is wait and buy some gear and then i can go riding... and i need to get the fork seals done..

thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode