Dainese Neck Protector - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Dainese Neck Protector

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...rket-neck.html

Anybody like these?

I am highly considering buying this and using it daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 03:44 AM
Strength and Honor

Hadn't seen that yet. The hump on many one-piece suits helps attenuate backward head movement in a crash with a helmet on so I'm wondering if this is intended to help in areas other than that.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 04:10 PM

We are borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile....

Really what's with all the over the top gear? Does riding scare you that much?

Please don't use a lame "better safe than sorry excuse"....North Korea has nukes, do you have a nuclear fallout shelter

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-05-2009, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

this is not over the top...if you have the $$$ to spend on protection.

Most unprotected areas on riders are the neck.
The neck can twist, and also cause spinal compression.

I even plan on trying out the D -Air from Dainese when it comes out...
And maybe also the RS Taichi one too.

If i break something or lose a leg, at least I can't say I didn't try my best to protect it....

for others that have gone through the bone crushing, never the same function injury....I'm sure they feel the same, but they won't give up riding either.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSavior View Post
this is not over the top...if you have the $$$ to spend on protection.

Most unprotected areas on riders are the neck.
The neck can twist, and also cause spinal compression.

I even plan on trying out the D -Air from Dainese when it comes out...
And maybe also the RS Taichi one too.

If i break something or lose a leg, at least I can't say I didn't try my best to protect it....

for others that have gone through the bone crushing, never the same function injury....I'm sure they feel the same, but they won't give up riding either.
If your not catching air, carving it up in traffic, or carving it up in a tight pack of blind idiots on two wheels, or otherwise being an idiot I'd say torso and neck protectors are over the top. I've ridden for years without even remotely needing any of those and I have family and friends that have ridden for years and had spills not needing torso or neck protection. That with knowing the likely hood of sustaining an injury that the torso or neck protector would be protect you from, I'd have to say it's overkill.

I won't even go into how inadequate a neck protector for riding is. If you can turn your head like you need to be able to do when riding, the neck protector won't help you. If you can't turn your head because of the protector, your neck is safe but the rest of you isn't because you can't even do shoulder checks anymore.

Not trying to tell you what to wear, that's entirely up to you. Just saying that all these extras aren't as valuable as the seller would make them out to be. You can buy em and wear em as they would love it if you at least bought them, but if they sold a "ring finger protector" to protect your wedding ring and the finger it's on from being broken/injured would you really buy it? If the answer is yes, I got some bubble wrap for riding I can sell ya. You wrap it around the rider to prevent serious injury, real space age stuff.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 02:10 AM

he asked for a review of the protector not to be made fun of or slammed because he is interested in getting one so if you have never used one then you can not give a honest review.
GSavior i have never used one so i can not help with any kind of review but if it looks like something you will use and you have the money, get it and let us know how it works for you.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

fortunately though...D air bag protects the neck ....and you can still turn your head.

and yes, i'll post something in the future if i ever buy it ...and deploy the air bag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode