Best Bike For Me - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Best Bike For Me

ok so my name is euey, i am brand new to the world of street bikes and i was looking for some recommendations before i went out shopping for bikes being as i am pretty far from dealerships....i am about 6'0" maybe 280 lbs and i am looking for some input on what would be a good bike for me, i dont want to look like a guy who is riding a little kids bike and i want enough power to get around and not look like an idiot, if anyone could give me some input that would be great, thanks is advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
This link will get you started in the right direction. I think the first thing you should do, if you have not already, is take the Motorcycle Safety Course. Check with the Department of Motor Vehicles or local police department for more info.

Make sure you get proper gear, helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, pants.

Welcome to the site!

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 04:42 AM
Strength and Honor

Welcome

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 04:52 AM

Welcome, you want a 250 or at most a 500...learn to thrash it around for a year or so and THEN you can consider shopping for a bike to get looks on.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I think the first thing you should do, if you have not already, is take the Motorcycle Safety Course. Check with the Department of Motor Vehicles or local police department for more info.

The GREAT news is that you live in PA. In PA the MSC doesn't cost you a penny, just a few hours of your time. Plus, if you pass the course, you get your motorcycle license on the spot!!!! It's a REALLY exceptional program.

What I would recommend is taking the course first, and then deciding what kind of riding you think you might end up doing. That will help you narrow down the bikes that you're interested in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode