Why do you ride motorcycles? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Why do you ride motorcycles?

I just wanted to hear other people's thoughts regarding this question. It's probbly been asked a hundred times here, but bear with me please

Me personally, I'm just the type of person who will try out anything once. Motorcycles seemed fun to me, so I gave it a try.... I ended up loving it.

Originally, I was all about the aesthetics of riding. It looks cool and it goes fast. Recently though, I could care less what other people think of me riding a motorcycle. I enjoy riding just for the sake of riding.

I have a list in my head of the reasons I ride, but I'd like to hear y'alls first.

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 02:55 AM

Started out to save money on fuel. That worked fine on the 250. The 1100 gets only slightly better economy than Mrs Tree's car and, when you add the extra cost for tyres, servicing and the fact that I go for rides here, there and everywhere, it suddenly becomes LESS economical.

Problem is, I love it too much to quit now.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 05:45 AM

I always thought sportbikes looked cool when I was a kid and dreamed about having one someday. I was too scared for years to get on one, turned 26 and realized that I hadn't done nearly as much as I always thought I would. Quarter life crisis..? So I went skydiving immediately, it didn't kill me so I moved on to the next itch... Went out and bought the bike before I had ever tried to ride (my way of forcing myself to learn).

Fast forward to now.. I never knew how rewarding it could be to ride a bike. When I get on it everything else just fades into the backround. I always tell people it's a good thing my visor is tinted because I seriously have perma-grin everytime I ride. I love the intense concentration you're forced to have and the way the bike just becomes part of you when you're riding. When I'm on the bike everything bad in my life goes away. Riding reminds me that I can do anything I want, any way I want to do it. Total freedom of mind and body. I have never felt so complete or so happy in my life.

....And, yes, I am going to go hug my bike now..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 07:52 AM

I'm bikeless right now but I can remember years ago riding down the road and thinking, you know,if I were the only person in the world this is still the way I would travel.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Riding is something I can do by myself or do with other people.

Riding can calm me down... or exhilirate the shit out of me when I want it to.

Its something I can do that can relieve stress pretty effectively

I also like the comradare that goes along in th m/c community

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 02:34 AM

I ride because i enjoy it.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Strength and Honor

I started because I loved the look of the sportbikes, the leathers, and the lids. Yeah, once upon a time I was a poser-wanna-be

After the MSF, I was hooked but lacked funds. It remained a nagging voice that eventually boomed enough for me to sweet-talk the wife into letting me start. On the street, the flexibility of passing anything in no time flat, controlling precisely my circumstances, enjoying the scenery like never before, and inhaling my environment.

Something about being so far forward that I don't see a hood, rearview mirror, or anything else but tarmac.

Then I rode on the track and I learned what pure focus was all about. Exhilarating

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 11:55 AM

I started riding because I grew up around bikes, the harley kind. I loved wind, the smell, and the sound of 2-wheel freedom and I had to get it for myself so when I could I did. No one told me how addicting it was and ever since the first ride I was hooked. With the price of gas now I'm glad I ride. I think I ride too much at times though. I kind of feel like my truck feels neglected. Definitely need to set aside some drive time for the truck, I kind of miss driving it. Poor truck
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscottab View Post
I ride because i enjoy it.
ill second that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode