noob needs some basic info lol(noob mistake deleted the whole other post on accident) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to gregarov Send a message via MSN to gregarov
Red face noob needs some basic info lol(noob mistake deleted the whole other post on accident)

yeah i hit a wrong button and deleted my whole thread yeah call me stupid but to answer a question that i read i though a gsxr 1000 was a stupid idea because there to damn fast for my skill lvl......and i lil more information about me im going to college for my associates in automotive and i have been around car and trucks most of my life. NOT bikes on the other hand thats why i have come here...so that some of the questions i might have could be answered and learn some ways not to kill my self ....question tho are you sure that a 600 is to big or should i just stick with my buddies little honda or buy a 500-1000 dollar bike my friend who has been riding his whole life who is now 35 says that a 600 would be ok to start on as long as its a used one that has some scratches already :P...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 PM

A 600 would be fine... as long as it is NOT a race rep (Supersport).

Damn, there was a shit load of info in that other thread, too.

I don't feel like typing any of it out again, so I'll tell you what.

Go here...

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/forums...ad.php?t=66796

Read carefully, and try to be as absolutely nothing like him as possible.

K? K.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Ok, here goes. Spicersh (or other mods) is there any way we can sticky the thread ZX linked to (charlie500) as an example of how not to introduce yourself?

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Ok, here goes. Spicersh (or other mods) is there any way we can sticky the thread ZX linked to (charlie500) as an example of how not to introduce yourself?

+1. Maybe even merge it with Herryde's thread. They are complete opposites, so it would make a good Do/Don't thread.

I'll even take the time to quote everything and type the "do" and "dont", then put it in a new thread, if we could get it stickied.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:16 PM

Personally, I don't believe ANY 600 is a good starter bike, supersport or not.

A 500 is more than enough bike for a noob.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

yeah my bad i did read alittle bit of it tho...oh yeah i read that one that guys kinda stupid to me wanting to beat some (red light to redlight contenders) thats my opinion tho i want to cruise have fun and be more informed and i have looked around already i have found MSF course in 3 places and found one that is completley free but i may take all 3 ...and im not to on top of the gear stuff theres hardly ne one around here that u even see were a helmet sense there is no mandatory helmet law here but if i get a bike im going to were a helmet every where...and nething else that will be good to wear...
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookeetree View Post
Personally, I don't believe ANY 600 is a good starter bike, supersport or not.

A 500 is more than enough bike for a noob.
I can't say that, because I started on a 600 ('92 CBR F2). But if you're looking for something within the last 10 years, definitely a 500 or lower.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregarov View Post
yeah my bad i did read alittle bit of it tho...oh yeah i read that one that guys kinda stupid to me wanting to beat some (red light to redlight contenders) thats my opinion tho i want to cruise have fun and be more informed and i have looked around already i have found MSF course in 3 places and found one that is completley free but i may take all 3 ...and im not to on top of the gear stuff theres hardly ne one around here that u even see were a helmet sense there is no mandatory helmet law here but if i get a bike im going to were a helmet every where...and nething else that will be good to wear...
Helmet law or not, wear one. Also a jacket, boots, gloves and riding pants.

-Will Rogers
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:18 PM

No one wears helmets around here, either. Let them be complete morons and take their life in their own hand. You don't have to follow suit.

When you crash and split your head open, do you think "Everyone else was doing it" is going to save you?
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

yes i know thats why im gonna were a helmet every where i go theres few bike shops around here that i can go and try out gear but...im not sure what im looking for i know a helmet should be DOT and SNELL approved i think i got that right... and i have been reading about jackets and pants with armor what do u mean is it like lined with abs plastic or somethn...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode