Addicted? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Addicted?

Is anyone else completely addicted to their bike? I wasn't prepared for this... Why didn't you guys warn me?! I have to ride it like every free second I get, and if I'm not riding it I'm thinking about riding it or cleaning it... My friends that don't ride are all mad at me 'cause I won't hang out with them. Is this normal or do I have an unhealthy relationship with my bike??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
I think it'll wear off slightly after a while. It took a few months for me to finally get over the fact that I had a bike, and could go out and feel that freedom whenever I wanted to.

It tends to happen every time you get a new bike as well. I'm still drooling over the Duc, and I can only imagine my giddyness when I can afford a 1098.

I have found that I'm spending an awful lot of time cleaning the bikes now that I've got stands. My wheels are cleaner than they've ever been, and the chain's in better shape than when I put it on. I had my shifter off the other day, and had to fight the urge to change to a racing shift pattern. The last thing I need to do is blow up the motor cause I downshifted at redline.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 11:10 AM

Well, we can chalk this one up to ANOTHER noob trait. Read the damn threads!

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 11:22 AM

Yep, after 30 + years I still eat, breathe, and sleep motorcycles.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 01:21 PM

I try to avoid eating motorcycles. I ate the left handgrip on my bike once when I was racing motocross, and I think I swallowed more blood than silicon. It's definitely best to avoid doing things like that.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac020 View Post
Yep, after 30 + years I still eat, breathe, and sleep motorcycles.
That makes me feel better... I didn't want to mention I was having dreams about riding it too.

I've spent over 20 hours riding since I got off work Friday and it's still not enough. Though my arms may fall off soon...
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
I think it'll wear off slightly after a while. It took a few months for me to finally get over the fact that I had a bike, and could go out and feel that freedom whenever I wanted to.

It tends to happen every time you get a new bike as well. I'm still drooling over the Duc, and I can only imagine my giddyness when I can afford a 1098.

I have found that I'm spending an awful lot of time cleaning the bikes now that I've got stands. My wheels are cleaner than they've ever been, and the chain's in better shape than when I put it on. I had my shifter off the other day, and had to fight the urge to change to a racing shift pattern. The last thing I need to do is blow up the motor cause I downshifted at redline.
Do you use one of those little brush thingies on your chain? j/w
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:40 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeAddict View Post
That makes me feel better... I didn't want to mention I was having dreams about riding it too.

I've spent over 20 hours riding since I got off work Friday and it's still not enough. Though my arms may fall off soon...
Ease up on the grips Hercules.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:45 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeAddict View Post
Do you use one of those little brush thingies on your chain? j/w
Nope, I spray some WD-40 on a rag, and turn the wheel and wipe all the grease and grime off of both sides. Then I start it up, pop it in gear and spray the lube on there and let it sit for a few minutes (if I'm going riding).

-Will Rogers
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Ease up on the grips Hercules.
Damnit boy, I was going easy on them. My little arms can only take so much before they get sore. My death grip has faded a lot but I'm just not use to riding a lot I guess. My ass is sore too, does that mean I was sitting too hard?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode