Good info needed!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Question Good info needed!!!

Okay I have read review after review of it seems like a zillion bikes... Pretty much got my choices narrowed down to 3 seemingly good choices... My dad had a 2006 gixxer 750 and got rid of it. Now im lookin at buyin a new '08 model bike. I have narrowed it down to the Honda CBR 600rr, GSX-R600 and the Yamaha R6. I want to know which bike of the showroom floor is the baddest! From handling to red light to red light run! Also which bike is easily tweeked to run with the bigger cc motors? I have read reviews that praise this change and that change but i want straight to the point facts... which bike would be the biggest bang for my $9500.

Thanks
-Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
You're posting this in the new riders forum, so I'm going to go with:
D.) None of the above.

Look around at some of the other "first bike" threads to get an idea of a bike that's good to learn on. Or let us know what your previous experience is so we can get a better idea of what bike would suit your riding skills that you have developed up to this point.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers

Last edited by snakesht; 03-28-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Trying to be nice
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

well im not new to riding... it just seemed like a good place to ask this question... I've been on dirt bikes and stuf all my life, plus for about the last year my pop had his gixxer 750 i rode it!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck89 View Post
well im not new to riding... it just seemed like a good place to ask this question... I've been on dirt bikes and stuf all my life, plus for about the last year my pop had his gixxer 750 i rode it!

Standard answer: Nearly every modern Supersport bike has very minor handling and acceleration differences from the other bikes in its class. In the end, the name of the game is all in which one fits you best and which one you like the looks of the best.

I know that is not the answer you were hoping for, but that is the simple fact. Start visiting shops... sit on them all, get a feel for how each one fits you and how good each one looks to you. That is how you will have to choose the winner.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Sorry, I initially lumped you into the no experience rider category, I apologize.

I'll agree with ZX6R1033. I bought because I got a great deal, but I don't regret getting my Gixxer at all. But having ridden a few other bikes comparable to mine, and there really isn't a lot of difference in handling/performance; just the ergos.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 02:12 PM

I bought my bike brand new off the showroom... I based my purchase on the way the bike looked (Still one of the nicest bikes made, IMO), and how it felt to me.

Of course, the fact that I got it for $6,400 out the door didn't hurt, either.

I also really liked the looks/feel of the R6. It sits me upright more than my bike does. The ZX just won out in the end, though.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

10-4. Yeah I have been to my local dealer. Unfortunately for me there is only one dealer in my town, that im aware of, but they do carry everything... I have sat on every one of the different types and I really like the looks of the Gixxer but like how the r6 feels under me... tough choice... (the limited edition flame r6 looks wicked too though)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck89 View Post
10-4. Yeah I have been to my local dealer. Unfortunately for me there is only one dealer in my town, that im aware of, but they do carry everything... I have sat on every one of the different types and I really like the looks of the Gixxer but like how the r6 feels under me... tough choice... (the limited edition flame r6 looks wicked too though)

Whatever your decision is... make sure you post up lots of pics for us when you get it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

will do...
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 05:18 AM

Performance wise the difference is negligable. The RR's feel easiest to go fast on, gixxers do best in real world situations, and the R6 makes a great track bike. But you are best deciding by comfort/looks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode