Frist Bike Buying Experience - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down Frist Bike Buying Experience

Sorry in advance. I did not want this to be my first post here. I wanted it to be more like i am the proud owner of a 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6. which is liquid silver with black flames. But instead its to warn readers of a bad experience from a Bike Shop in Houston, Tx.

Link:

http://www.eximport.com/new_vehicle_...205&pov=265562

At the first of this week I had full finance thru the bike shop's office. I started to get nerves when they delayed on sending more pics of the bike and info so i could get the insurance started.
I was suppose to travel from Dallas to the shop tomorrow to pick up my bike. I am new to buying a bike and did not know if I needed insurance on bike if I trailered the bike back home due to bad weather this weekend. So I called them and found out im approved for half of the amount for the bike. Talked to the Store manager about the situation and he said he had to supervisors working to get me financed and would call me back in fifteen mins. Never called. :cusssing; I called a hour after the shop was closed and left a message to refund my deposit on the bike and that i would not be on the way tomorrow. I'm not saying the shop is bad im just warning of my experience with them and hope no other new rider goes thru this. Again I apologize for this being my first post. I have read the forums for a while now and was waiting for the First Owner Post. To all to the shop and kiss my
Please dont delete this post i feel better now. One good note I go to safety class next weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Lmao! Just Recieved a phone call a hour and half after closing and fourty five mins from me calling and saying refund my money. Shop manager said he will know if I am approved for the full amount at ten in the morning. What do ya'll think about this. Need info and any suggestions please.

Thanks in advance.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-17-2006, 08:51 PM

Something sounds fishy...I could see if they had to call several lenders to try and get you more $ for whatever reason...but still, it doesn't take that long to make a few calls...

Also, what do you mean by full financing through the bikes office..? Are you saying they are financing in house..?

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Thats what i thought to, it just does not sound right. What i mean by full financing is the what ever lender the shop deals with the most. Had me approved for the full amount of the bike on tuesday of this week. Then I but a deposit on the bike for them to hold it for me till today. (sat) They are saying I am not approved for the full amount now because i did not come in there store and talk with the lender over the phone with them there to verify the loan. Never heard of this process before. I have bought several vehicles form dealer ship but nothing like this before.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:41 AM

take bike back and tell them to go to hell..
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Yup, Just talked to the manager who did not remember me, then he did. He just heard my message from last night to refund me my 500 deposit back. He said it has already been done. Well, So the search for a bike starts over. Wish me luck. Next post should be this title= Hey ya'll check out my new bike!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:40 AM

Thats why you dont buy shit that far away . there are plenty of bikes in the dallas area. you will find something it just takes time
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 09:43 AM

Your better off not getting financed through the dealer anyway. They were probably looking for lenders who give them the highest kickback for the loan.
Go open an account at your local credit union and work a loan through them. Better rates, and more reliable.
BTW, welcome to the forum. Oh yeah, is this going to be your first street bike?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Right back at ya Southern. About time I see ya in the forums bro. Yes Glass it is my first street bike that i have owned. Not the first to ride. (at least i think thats where you was going) I rode dirt bikes when i was younger and some friends street bikes from time to time. Just now decided to get one and do it right with the license. Considering i have a class a cdl and the cops would just love to take it away for something like that. Thanks for welcoming me in. I'm going to look into the credit union thing this week. Im getting a copy of my report to see whats wrong with it considering I went thru a divorce three years ago aint no telling.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2006, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

LMAO Southern to fast for you? Not till you get a new battery bro. I can crawl quicker then you can ride right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode