1. The bike seems to be running a little rough, could the carbs need to be cleaned? (it has 13000 miles)
* Clean & Synch the carbs
2. How often should i change the oil (i don't have the manuel)
* I change every 3 mos or 1500. I'm a little picky, but oil is cheap, engine rebuilds are not.
3. What are the most common ways new riders get into wrecks?
** Being new riders; seriously, most new riders get caught out turns, not being secure in handling the bike and overcooking. Also emergency braking seems to catch quite a few off-guard as well.
4. any saftey tips? I am very concerned because my friend died in a motorcycle wreck 2 years ago. I just bought a Leather Joe Rocket full piece riding suit with armor, helmet, boots and gloves (In fact, i spent more money on the gear than the bike). Is there anything else I can get? I am going to take the motorcycle saftey course in a month.
***Taking the MSF and investing in the best gear you can afford are steps in the right direction. Practice, practice, practice, everything they teach in MSF. Find an empty lot or clean stretch of road and practice braking to full stop from the speeds you ride at.