06 R6 or 06 ZX-6R or GSX-R600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

06 R6 or 06 ZX-6R or GSX-R600

Hello all,

I am new here and I wanted to get some feed back as to which bike you would all recommend. Out of the three I have driven an 05 zx-6r and an 03 gsx-r600. I just want to get some other opinions here on the board. As of right now I am leaning towards the 06 zx-6r. At first I wanted to get the 06 gsx-r but the kawi just got to me. Know I seen the r6 I am stuck with a decision on which bike would be nice. I read a few reiviews and got some opinions from a few of my buddies that ride and they all say. Get a duc, get the kawi, get an 05 gsx-r not the new one. So I would like to get a few more here on the boards. Thank you all in advance for the responses.

Regards,
Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 04:41 PM

The '06 R6 is ugly in my opinion but the 17,500rpm redline would be fun. Seems like it would be a pain in traffic or just cruising around though with no power below 10k.

Just get a Honda...

-M-
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:23 PM

welcome, i'd assume that you're new to riding seein' as you're posting on the new riders section. If that's the case, i'd suggest against buyin' somethin' brand spankin' new, cuz there is a rlly good chance that you'd drop your bike.

there's a bunch of posts here that suggest what types of bikes to get. also, if you haven't done so, make sure you take the MSF course, as well as have extra money left for good gear and insurance.

now w/ that said, if you're still interested in getting one of the three you've mentioned, i'd say it really depends on which bike feels more comfortable for you and stick w/ that, don't worry about the power stats and all that, you shouldn't even be using all of the bike's full potential anyway.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:25 PM

oh, i just remembered hearing the new suzuki's frames are poorly welded together and are more so susceptible(sp?) to breaking in a crash. this is of course, just heresay on my part, but maybe someone else can chime in w/ their opnions?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 05:52 PM

if you are a new rider i would suggest getting a smaller bike. if you are not or are still stuck on the 600 i would recomend go and ride a honda. iam kind of bias though hehehe.

scott
2002 CBR 954 RR
when you are on a honda you are on the best
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:02 PM

Whichever looks and feel best to you, but from a rideability standpoint, whichever of the two provides the most low-end and midrange torque. All of these bikes are stink fast on top-end, and offer slipper clutch, but they vary greatly in low and midrange, and for street duties, that's what important for the casual rider. Bike that is fast on the track isn't necessarily that fast on the street. Pick one out if you already know how to ride, but they won't be a good first bike by any means.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all,

i know were you all are coming from. I personally want a new bike. Just the shear pleasure of knowing that I was the first owner. None the less. I am not really a big fan of the honda bikes. Very nice don't get me wrong here. I just prefer the other three. Also I heard it many times from a few of my buddies that a new bike is not a good begineer bike. But that is just me. I have a cousin that got a 999 duc for his first bike and a friend that got a 636 for his first bike. They are doing just fine. it is not like I am going to start stuntin and riding pass my personal limits out there on the streets.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 AM

let the flaming begin.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 09:36 AM

LOL, would all the outstanding members of SBW that said those exact words and then wrecked their bikes please stand up!

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by slick1537
let the flaming begin.

ridin, no offense man, but that line on being able to handle and riding within your limits has been heard so many times on these boards. I understand some people you know have picked up ducatis and lived to tell the tale, but there are others you'll never hear from because they're dead, or worse, the ones that sell their bikes cuz they scared themselves shitless and now advocate that bikes are dangerous.

I agree that it takes a sensible mind to make sure you ride safely, but as you start to ride, its hard to understand what is within the scope of said limit. and it really isn't just about you keeping your speed down, factor in traffic and road hazards that can affect you. it is the lack of experience that gets most new riders into trouble, knowing what to do and what not to do and being able to react in a split second takes time.

I don't mean to preach, I'm still a noob myself but I have experienced a crash and a few near misses, not just because of other motorists on the road, but because I lack the experience to have put myself in a safer position.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode