Mv agusta - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Mv agusta

hi I am new to this forum and to sportsbikes my uncle who is a motorcycle freack has told me he will give me his 05' Mv agusta F4-1000 S cause he doesnt ride cycles anymore now iv dont some checking online about it and it weights 423 pounds and has 166 hp like i said im 18 and the biggest bike ive been on was a 125 motocross now please tell me is this a good learning bike or should i just sell it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 01:48 PM

No, that would be an incredibaly horrible bike to learn on. If I were you I'd just keep it and get something smaller to learn on then after a while use that one.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 02:15 PM

+1. Store the MV until you're ready for it.

I'd check with your uncle before you sell it anyway. He may not be pleased with you off-loading something he gave you.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 03:11 PM

That is an awesome bike, thing of beauty, and if you're getting it for free, all the more reason to keep it. Spend a year or so on a beginner bike, and then ride the MV if you want to. As you get more familiar with the m/c world, you'll know why that bike belongs to a museum or track than on the road. I would just keep it as a center piece on my living room. However, if you don't care about it, selling that bike would bring you lifetime supply of tacos.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

i have another question can the speed of the mv be compared with the speed of a hayabusa

+ i talked to my uncle and he said it is some kind of limited edition bike
F4-1000 Tamburini so im gonna keep it but could you tell me a good starting bike
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 06:02 PM

Wow! Lucky you...in my eyes, that's the most beautiful sportbike on the market.

However, like already mentioned it's a terrible first motorcycle. Keep it for the future though!

First good bike, Ninja 250 or Ninja 500. Suzuki GS500. The 250 is quick enough around town and will pull to 100mph, but lacks some passing grunt at highway speeds. Can't go wrong with any of these bikes however. Look them up online, read the reviews, go check some out, sit on them, ect.

Put some good miles on your first bike, try to log a few thousand before jumping up. I don't even know if the MV is a good second bike!

Compared to a Hayabusa...I don't really know. The Hayabusa is a pure beast though, 1300cc's. I wouldn't even feel comfortable riding one and I'm on my third bike. Either way, if the MV has 166hp, that's a VERY fast bike. You can easily wheelie it, spin the rear wheel out, and just get in a lot of trouble with very little effort. And being a new rider, you won't know how to properly react to those mistakes.

Also, take the MSF course!

Last edited by slaps76; 12-11-2005 at 06:05 PM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 06:09 PM

I agree with Fantic. For the selling of that bike will supply you with a good bike to learn on, proper protective riding gear, your learners riding school, & still money in your pocket that can be spent sensibly.

Rather then looking at how long it will take you to get out of the hospital or that possibly you really are paralized & it will be for life. Only an experienced rider could ride such a bike & it would be at the track or probably as a museum piece.

I probably have the money to buy such a bike, but I never would as I like to ride the up & down twisty Cdn Rockie Mtn roads & even then my three sportbikes are more then I need yet well below the price your uncle payed.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 06:17 PM

Here's a link to a write-up on your bike.

That's a beautiful machine, mate.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bjcistok
i have another question can the speed of the mv be compared with the speed of a hayabusa

+ i talked to my uncle and he said it is some kind of limited edition bike
F4-1000 Tamburini so im gonna keep it but could you tell me a good starting bike
Hayabusa will be faster on straight line, but it serves no purpose comparing the two really. It's like muscle car vs Ferrari 360, take your pick on which is fast, but I bet one will handle better.

That Tambo is an exclusive bike even among the F4 1000s, simliar to Black Mamba kit (another version of F4), consider it black pearl among pearls.

Quote:
Only 300 examples of the F4-TAMBURINI will be produced worldwide. As with all other special-edition MV Agusta models (such as the F4 Serie 'd Oro, F4-SENNA, F4-SPR, and F4-AGO), the F4-TAMBURINI will only be produced once and will not be repeated.

The heart of the F4 1000 TAMBURINI's performance is the revolutionary TSS system (Torque Shift System) based on the concept of variable intake geometry. This is an absolute first in motorcycling history and is the first time such an innovation has been fitted to a mass-produced motorcycle. The result is an engine that offers an immediate response from even the lowest revs and maximum torque positioning (83.1 ft-lbs @ 9,200 rpm) that comes in at about 1,000 rpm less than the F4-1000-S. This incredible performance is despite the use of cam profiles that are more oriented to track than road use.
MSRP: USD$ 42,695

http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagu...1000_Tamb.html

This bike already has a cult following and considered collector's item from the showroom floor, but as the years go by, I suspect it will go up in value pending on condition and lack of use.

This is like Mr. Deeds (Adam Sandler movie), a generous uncle shows up like a lottery.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 12-11-2005 at 08:00 PM.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-11-2005, 09:41 PM

So.. you're 18 and your uncle is giving you that bike. Damn!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode