harleys are bad - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

harleys are bad

Now I know that whenever you get your first bike you should expect to crash, but, my neighbor didnt wait any longer than getting it off of the trailer. He decided to drive it up the road and im guessing the throttle got hung but im not sure, anyways all of his neighbors got to see him flying through everyones yard kicking up grass and finally running through a garage door at the end of the cultisac. About 20 min later the paramedics came through. He had road rash and a broken colar bone.

The moral of the story is....if he wouldnt have bought a cruiser the stupid thing wouldnt have set itself and he would have crashed a brand new bike.

It was pretty amazing to watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Dad

Re: harleys are bad

Quote:
Originally posted by 750babe
... About 20 min later the paramedics came through. He had road rash and a broken colar bone.
I've noticed this, too.

All crashes seem to happen within that 1/2 hour window before the paramedics arrive. If we could just get their schedule and planned route ahead of time, we could make sure not to be there in that time frame. Incident avoided!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Re: Re: harleys are bad

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
I've noticed this, too.

All crashes seem to happen within that 1/2 hour window before the paramedics arrive. If we could just get their schedule and planned route ahead of time, we could make sure not to be there in that time frame. Incident avoided!
This has "government study" written all over it.

Studies show that an overwhelming majority of serious automotive accidents occur between 10-30 minutes prior to medical personnel arrival. Further study is needed to put together a team to form a committee to assign a task force to determine a path forward.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Dad

Re: Re: Re: harleys are bad

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
This has "government study" written all over it.
Maybe we could get a "no bid" contract. We already have a handle on the issue.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:16 AM

LOL... as much as I hate harleys, why was it the fault of the bike? I bet $10 that there was nothing wrong with the throtlte and he simply got scared and forgot to close the throttle. Besides, there is a kill switch on the bars, for that very reason.
I guess the only flaw of HD pin pointed here is that they tend to attract bad riders.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:52 AM

I agree with Vash. As a total newbie he froze to the throttle that is pretty well it. Why pick on a specific make of a bike? Why not a Duke, one of the Jpn makes or such? Mind you it has happend before with newbies on any make of bike.

Also the title of this thread being "harleys are bad" is close to saying one wants to start a Harley-Davidson war which is so foolish.

I have riden HD, Indian, Brit, & other European bikes in the past & presently own bikes made in Jpn.

Last edited by Smitty; 12-07-2005 at 09:55 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 PM

Re: harleys are bad

Quote:
Originally posted by 750babe

The moral of the story is....if he wouldnt have bought a cruiser the stupid thing wouldnt have set itself and he would have crashed a brand new bike.
I'm sorry but I have no idea what "set itself and he would have crashed a brand new bike" means.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Strength and Honor

Re: Re: Re: Re: harleys are bad

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
Maybe we could get a "no bid" contract. We already have a handle on the issue.
You and sh are waaaaaayyyy off base here. We must first start with a special council and order a grand jury to be called. Then, after all the indictments have come about, we can begin the doling out of public funds to political buddies. First things first, please

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Dad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: harleys are bad

Quote:
Originally posted by kanwisch
You and sh are waaaaaayyyy off base here. We must first start with a special council and order a grand jury to be called. Then, after all the indictments have come about, we can begin the doling out of public funds to political buddies. First things first, please
I was going to take the "minority contractor" approach.

You head down to DC and get everything set up. I'll head to Fairbanks and take care of the light work. There must be a few Alaskan natives around who haven't already been gobbled up in the scam, working on Katrina contracts, headquartered in DC, without a Native American in sight.

Last edited by Dad; 12-08-2005 at 11:21 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
I agree with Vash. As a total newbie he froze to the throttle that is pretty well it. Why pick on a specific make of a bike? Why not a Duke, one of the Jpn makes or such? Mind you it has happend before with newbies on any make of bike.
+1 i've freaked out before and actually put more throttle when i should have just let go when i first started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode