Greeting from Italian Rider - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Rad

Talking Greeting from Italian Rider

i like to enjoy many times sportbikes.com! Very well site!

Greeting to all the riders of the world.

see ya.

(sorry for english)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04-09-05_1833.jpg (35.1 KB, 88 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 07:47 AM

Welcome to SBW!

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:00 AM

Bike looks very good & offers one a good riding position as well for in town riding, if one does not want the extreme lean forward position of most sportbikes.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:04 AM

I like the crazy things over the dash... Looks like a space-age version of the monster.

Can we get a few more pics?

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Rad

Sorry, but don't call Raptor a "different version" of Monster because only the designer is the same, but the rest of the bike is complete different; you can find about 800 tuned Cagiva Raptor on my "home" www.raptormania.it, where many of us prepares raptors for track and 2 guys having a ROADSTER CUP (Naked Trophy) with good results against the newest TUONO - TNT - XB12 - GUZZI V11 and MONSTERS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg motorazza2.jpg (50.6 KB, 58 views)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:30 AM

I mean no offence. Its just that we are used to jap bikes here in the states, and the italian style looks exotic. Since the most heard about italian bike is the duc, I cant help but think of them when I see other pasta rockets.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Rad

Oh yeah Vash, sorry for my english, i dont't mean offensive, i've just talking about technical propertyes of CAGIVA vs DUCATI, there is no problem in your writing

And you call italian streetfighters PASTA? hahahahaha very intresting word. Pasta is Italian yeah!

I'm very like the italian design however i dont understand why ducati engines gives more hp only in the more expensive versions of TESTASTRETTA 998cc .

If you want HP from ducati you need to spend a lot of euros.

If you want only Ducati Signature on the fuel tank you cant buy all commercial versions of Monster, but they dont have power.

V-Raptor have TL-S engine, no problems, no mistakes, you can destroy throttle and go a 11.500 rpm without problem and walking on a 6th gear a 40 km/h. This is the "very" power of japanese engines.
I think when italians products engines like suzuki or kawasaki, i will RUN VERY FAST to buy new italian bike with a very italian engine.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:59 AM

Ducati engines puzzle me as well. When I was first getting into sportbike, the ducati monster was my bike of choice. Alas, finances and questionably reliability moved me to get a kawi. But thats a different story.
After reading page after page of ducati propaganda talking about the advantages of the desmo engine something wasnt fitting right. According to ducati, the elimination of valve springs should result in greater HP because some of it isnt lost on the springs, and higher redline because there is no valva float problem. This all makes sence in theory, but how come ducati engines have lower red lines and lower HP figures than the jap counterparts? (I suspect its due to the complicated valve train)

I've met a rider on a cogiva about a year ago. I'm not sure the model, but it looked very simular to a ducati multistrada. I have no reason to believe that the rider knew what he was talking about, but according to him, the cogiva and the multistrada are virtually the same tank, with only minor differences. Something about cogiva making bikes that are later rebadged to be ducatis. Again, I have no particular faith in that rider.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Rad

About jap vs duc engines we can probably write for years...

About Cagiva and Ducati design we can spend millions of words...

But I think the reality is: i've bought Cagiva V1000 because design and the feed tath transmit to me, and i'm very happy to ride since year 2000 upon Cagiva bike.
When i tryed ducati monster s4r i've found very special suspension and brakes, and the best engine we can find on a street bike. But the price is too

Cagiva have a great suzu engine, good about suspensions, so so about breakes, but with not too much euro, i've modified breakes, suspension and i have bought exausts and airbox kit to implement erogation and power.

Now with the same price i've "special" bike very tuned. With the same euros i've only a "normal" s4r duc.

However bikes are passion, and i dont want to say Cagiva is better or ducati is better, i think my bike is better because i've choose it!!! Is not important wich bike is it, is the your.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 06:17 AM

Agreed.

Its really too bad that the TL got so much bad rep, since it seemed to have been a great bike. The engine is phenominal too, and contributes greatly to the success of the SV series.

As for prices, well thats the economics of the world. Here a jap liter bike runs $11k. The bare version of the 999 lists for $18k. One can argue all day long about how much better the ducati is, but its still hard to justify the price.
Of course, in europe I imagine the ducati is actually cheaper than the jap bikes..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode