Helmet question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Helmet question

Im trying to buy a new visor/face shield for a helmet I got with my bike. Its an HJC Fusion II (a sticker says CL-12 on the side) I went to my local bike store and they didn't have any for it. Im trying to look online but Ive got no clue what to look for as in what helmets it fits, sizes and what not. What I am lookin for is one of those yellow tinted ones that are suppose to help you see at night (MSF class told me about sunglasses made for that purpose so i figured they have visors for the same.) If someone can help me figure this out and give me a lead on were to look I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sepias
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:35 AM

if it's a new helmet, the sales-counter-guy should be able to find a shield for it in one of the numerous catalogs he has. If it's older, you may be out of luck, unless you can find one on e-bay. But if the helmet is old enough to be discontinued, you might as well just get a new one.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:43 AM

Just stick with a clear visor. I wear smoke colored safety glasses and slide them down my nose. They also make yellow tinted safety glasses which would work as you describe. Just make sure you get straight ear pieces and that they are comfortable with your helmet on.

There are several threads on this board covering this subject.

A few ccs short of a full litre.

Last edited by mac020; 10-30-2005 at 05:50 AM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Problem with stickin with clear lens is that I wear classes. I cant afford progessive lenses or sunglasses. I think Ive found a store that will order them for me though, thanks for the input.

Sepias
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 01:49 PM

If your helmet is 5 years or older, its time to get a new one. I've been told at msf that the material used inside helmets only has a 5 year shelf life.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 02:46 PM

That is correct that around ever five or six years it is time to scratch the helmet. Also in many cases the makes are changing the visor on their latest helmet. Shoei is one of the few that have been using the same visor on their helmet for last 10 plus years.

While I have a dark smoked for one of my Shoei helmet that has been replaced for a clear now like the other one.

Sun or not I wear my heavy framed industrail protective lenses AND I wear bifocals.

Have not woren a pair of sun glasses in my life.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Then I'll probly just start savin and buy a new helmet. I just bought my bike so I'm scrounging to buy the other supplies I need. (riding jacket, frame sliders, and a few replacement parts for my bike) If they really only do have a 5 year shelf life a new helmet would be a good idea since I went down for the first time today. Grass at 10MPH still hurts I dont care what anyone says

Thanks,
Sepias
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 04:02 PM

Gear is one of the things that too many new riders forget. A complete set of riding gear should be budgeted for when considering how much you can afford to spend on the bike itself.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

I did have it budgeted. I bought the helmet with the bike... I guess the helmet is just old lol. I've found the visors for it at a bike dealer but I dunno how old the helmet is though.

Sepias
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SepiasSoul
I did have it budgeted. I bought the helmet with the bike...
That's great that you've got a helmet, but I was referring to ALL your gear, not just one piece of it. ie: Gloves, jacket, pants and boots.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode