beginner bikes that still look good - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

beginner bikes that still look good

some beginners jump to cbrs and r1's not because of the horsepower but because of how good they look. for example when you tell them to get a ninja 250 they don't, because its not a very attractive bike.
so from sv650s heres beginner bikes that still look cool:

2003 suzuki sv650S- i said 2003 becos it's when the fairing started to look sharper and more good looking and its a beginner bike that guys on litre bikes would respect, put a pair of lower fairings on it and it'll be lookin hot!
http://www.localrevs.co.uk/images/Up...oto/SV650S.JPG

hyosung comet gt650r- a new competitor for the sv650s out of japan, it comes in the gt650s(half faired), gt650r(fully faired) and the gt650rl(gt650r with a horsepower restricted engine). it's also a bike that will demand respect on the road and the track. cheaper the sv but harder to find aftermarket parts for.
http://www.hyonet.com/tuotteet/gt650/gt650r-1.jpg

aprilia rs250-best looking out of all beginner bikes but more expensive, great for small statured people. but is built for the track so you need a street kit for it (turn signals and stuff). great in the twisties.
http://www.geocities.jp/aoyama_takes...bike/rs250.jpg

cbr f3- 90's sportbike so is cheap is not as fast as the current cbr. but still take it easy because theit is still a sportbike!
http://motorcycles.about.com/library/fotos/f0031.jpg

yamaha fz6- r6 engine in a lightweight package, good for tall people, underseat exhaust. good for a beginner who knows their limits on the throttle.
http://alnaute.free.fr/Image/Yamaha/fazer%20fz6.gif

kawasaki ninja 650r- also new competition for the sv650s. very different from the 250 and 500. very attractive bike.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/083105top_650.jpg

PS IF YOU SEE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS DON'T RANT ABOUT IT, JUST TELL ME THE PROBLEM SO THAT I CAN FIX IT.

Last edited by sv650s; 10-28-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:29 PM

"and its a beginner bike that guys on litre bikes would respect, put a pair of lower fairings on it and it'll be lookin hot!"

Who are you trying to impress and what makes those guys better anyways?? I don't demand respect from any other riders out there, I do my own thing. The guys I look up to are the ones that have well worn, dirty ass bikes with high mileage and killer ride stories. Those who don't give a f**k about what you think of their bike, now those are the coolest people.

If I had the choice between those bikes, I'd grab the fz6 because it's so God damn comfortable. Good luck either way, whatever you choose
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

my bad i should have said it demands respect from the hardcore experienced riders out there.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 PM

For what it's worth, I test rode one of those Hyosung GT bikes and it had the worst brakes I've ever used or heard about.

Whether it's a common problem or whether the bike I rode had some sort of problem, the brakes were dangerously bad. Both front and rear seemed non-existant after the first couple of seconds of braking.

Plus, it's just a few hundred less than a name-brand SV650. Much more reliable, much easier to get parts for. Just my .
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 11:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to conrice
i dont know if id call that 1200 buell a beginner bike. it has way too much torque for a beginner bike and it has a rake of 21 degrees.

youre right though, it is really sexy.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2005, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

i thought it would be alright because a lot of people recommend the xb12r as a beginner bike and they both have the same hp and torque.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 07:43 PM

I wouldnt call that Buell a great beginner bike eithier. It pumps out 104 HP and 96TQ, does the quarter in about 11 and half and tops out around 140......I dont know about it being for a beginner.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 12:58 PM

Didn't you just get a Hayabusa Jeff? Talk about a bad beginner bike.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 01:20 PM

Forgot the GS500...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 06:11 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by psudy
Didn't you just get a Hayabusa Jeff? Talk about a bad beginner bike.

Hey now, I didnt say I wasn't a hypocrite....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode