2000 F4? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2005, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

2000 F4?

Found somebody selling a 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4 with 19k miles on it and asking $4500 or best offer. Bike has:
new Metzler back tire (maybe 1400 miles)
D&D exhaust
also stock exhaust
Jetted carbs
smoked double tall windshield
also stock windshield
frame sliders
2 Helment (1 SHOEI & 1 HJC)
1 Joe Rocket Jacket
1 Pair of carbon gloves

I could care less about the safety gear b/c I have my own. Talked to the seller over the phone and found out he's the second owner and has dropped the bike once while starting from a stop. He sounds young...maybe early 20's. Does $4500 sound anything close to reasonable for a bike with 19k miles on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 06:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Is he willing to negotiate? $4,500 would be an ok price, offer him a little less and see if he will take it.. F4's are nice bikes.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 07:51 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
I'd offer him $4000 with the gear see if he takes it (giving you the opportunity to sell the gear to make a lil back) if he doesn't agree to that then say ok $ 4000 without the gear..

from my experience most ask for a bit more than they are willing to accept because they know folks are gonna want to offer them less and this gives them room to play...

E.
I dont' think it's too far off the norm.. as long as it's all street legal and in good shape.. the milage I wouldn't worry about that's not alot for a bike..

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2005, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

said he'd go down to 4200 or 4300 on price but didn't say if that was with or without gear. I'm starting to become impatient looking for bikes. Looked at a '03 Ninja zx-6rr yesterday and that was a waste of time and another topic...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2005, 04:51 AM
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamRyder
well if he didn't say without gear then that means with...

depending on bikes' condition I'd pay the 4200 and then sell off the extras and you should be able to come out with havin spent only 4 for the bike (depending on condition of extras +/-)

or

if he's had it up for sale for a bit and no bites.. stick to your 4 offer and give it time.. but sounds like you are in a hurry and don't wanna wait...

E.
also if you are questioning how many owners the bike has had you can always find that out at the SOS office off the bike's VIN #

If it's too good to be true... then you must be Dreaming.

ONLY FEMALE WORLD WIDE to run in the 7's with a Prostreet Bike (no bar, slider, 2step, or slicks)

Sponsored by: RCC Turbo, Bellman Oil, Syed Leathers, Schnitz Racing, Boost by Smith, Cycle-Tek, Tiger Racing, Machine Works Racing, R&R Trailers by RandPCarriages.com, Mirror Look Customs, Rev'd Up Motorsports, and ofcourse SportBike World !
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

well it's Friday and the bike is still for sale as far as I know so maybe he'll be a little more desperate. I have however come across a 2004 SV650s w/ 1500 miles on it and the owner is asking 4500obo. Sounds like a much better deal than a 2000 w/ 19k miles on it. Now if only I could get in contact with the SV seller...

Hurry no, no hurrry. I just want it yesterday! The weather down here is NICE! and only getting better!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005, 10:04 AM

That F4 is over priced with that many miles. I have an R6 for sale. 2000 with 10K miles. I owe 4600 on it. Tank bag and bra. New rear tire. KS.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:00 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by psudy
That F4 is over priced with that many miles. I have an R6 for sale. 2000 with 10K miles. I owe 4600 on it. Tank bag and bra. New rear tire. KS.
"That bike you want is overpriced, and I just happen to know where you can get a better deal."

Shameless. Classic!

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 AM

Thankyou.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode