could i pull this off??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

could i pull this off???

Hello, I am a college student and plan on buying a sport bike next semestar, but i have one problem. I will only have about 4k to spend on one and some people say that i could get a honda cbr f4i for that or an older gsxr600 for that. When i look at prices online ( ebay for example) they are like atleast 5k or more so my question is could i pull off getting a f4i for 4k or is it gonna be too difficult? If so where should i look. I went to a bike shop and they had used ones but they were still too expensive. If you had any input or advice from past experiences i would really appreciate it....thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:28 PM

Re: could i pull this off???

Quote:
Originally posted by m3atwad
...I will only have about 4k to spend on one...
Does that include buying your gear, too? You'll probably tear-up $500 - $1000 on decent gear.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

no, i mean just 4000 for the bike

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:36 PM

You could find a descent bike for $3k. Is it going to be your first? Look into Suzi SV650S. I've seen an '02 for $3k...

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

yea this is my first bike and i reallylike the look of the honda f4i and so far people tell me that is a great bike, but i just don't know if i can afford it. Where should i look when i am ready to buy cause ebay just seems too expensive unless i am just missing something.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 03:59 PM

I don't know about in your kneck of the woods; but up here I look at craigslist.com which has locations all over the country as well as cycle trader mags usually found in most gas stations. I have found quite a few bikes for around $4K. Remember you don't want to get a perfect bling bike etc for your first due to the fact that you will crash or drop it.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by twist the wrist
...Remember you don't want to get a perfect bling bike etc for your first due to the fact that you will crash or drop it.
+1 Finding something that is mechanically sound should be your priority at this stage in your riding career.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

I guess my biggest problem is that i wan to get something that i am happy with not only when i buy it, but the next year and the next. I was originally thinking of a gs500f, but i can't find them very easily so i just figured it would be easier to get a 600cc bike, but some of those are too expensive so i am trying to find a bike to fit a newbie like me so i won't get hurt but also will be fun.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2005, 07:58 PM

I recently bought a 04' CBR600f4i from my dealer for $6800 out the door. But it came with a full yoshi exhaust,fender eliminator kit,new brake lights, frame sliders, and 2400 miles. I wouldn't count on finding a f4i for 4k, but you never know.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by m3atwad
I guess my biggest problem is that i wan to get something that i am happy with not only when i buy it, but the next year and the next. I was originally thinking of a gs500f, but i can't find them very easily so i just figured it would be easier to get a 600cc bike, but some of those are too expensive so i am trying to find a bike to fit a newbie like me so i won't get hurt but also will be fun.
If you're shopping on Ebay, I'd think you'd be able to find GS500's....you should also seriously consider the Suzuki SV650, and even look for the SV650S(which has fairings). It "looks the part," is plenty powerful enough where you won't get bored, reliable, and a great handling bike. It's very popular on race tracks, if that tells you anything. Better move over a CBR for a first bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode