Got my new bike!!!!1111one!!!111 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Cool Got my new bike!!!!1111one!!!111

Well got a bike today, but it wasn't the ZZR600. I turned 18 a little bit ago so I have no credit, and my father has pretty bad credit. I didn't have enough to buy the ZZR since it was a 06' and they wouldn't go down very far from MSRP. So no ZZR for me.
BUT, earlier in the day I asked if they had maybe a Honda CBR F4i 600cc bike. They didn't have any, but as I went back later this evening (went back a second time with my father since I didn't have any credit) they told me they just picked up an 04' f4i 600cc with full Yoshi exhaust,fender eliminator kit,2400 miles, and frame sliders for $6800 out the door. Plus I got a helmet for cost ($140 helmet = $63 for me). I figure this is an ok deal. I'm not getting screwed, but I'm not getting a great deal either.

Now onto the bike. I had a 150cc bike for a few months before this. So I knew the basics of turning, braking, and throttle control. First thing, this bike is FAST! I haven't even gone above 6k in first gear. I was in my apartment complex getting a feel for the bike so I didn't want to push that due to safety reasons and also my limited abilities. Turning is a bit weird but I'm getting the hang of it. While reading forums I was confused about counter steering (push left to go right) but now I understand what you mean. Throttle is touchy but manageable, nothing to how a lot forums describe 600cc bikes. Brakes aren't nearly as good as some people made them out to be. Sure they stop pretty darn well, but I was under the impression that you would barely squeeze and the bike would start to flip over. On this bike, you would have to grab a fistfull of brake in a hurry to flip it. Maybe at higher speeds its vulnerable to this, but up to 40mph I don't see it happening unless you do it on purpose or if your just an extreme noob and unsenseable person.

I don't think I'd totally reccomend this to a complete noob. But if you know proper throttle control, how to brake, and know the basics of turning, I think you'll manage just fine. I love this bike and don't think I'll be getting rid of it anytime soon. I still need to take the MSF course for my license, and then buy the rest of my gear(only have helmet). Can't wait til after work tomorrow so I can ride it some more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 07:39 PM

Congrats! Glad to hear you're taking it easy. Just don't get too cocky before you get all your gear. Well, you shouldn't get too cocky anyway, but you know what I mean . How about some pics?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

I'll try and get pics tomorrow. And your right, I found myself getting a little arrogant when I started getting use to it. But it's just a thrill to twist the throttle and feel yourself sucked back while hearing the exhaust screaming Ahhh, nothing better than that in the world

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2005, 08:10 PM

I'm simply itching too feel that thrill myself. I'm currently unemployed. I used to work for my school, and since it's a new semester, I have to resubmit paperwork, and blah blah blah. So I'm still waiting to get approved for that, and then I'm also in the process of getting a second job, which will hopefully rake in more money and I could afford a bike a little bit more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode