Maintenance? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Maintenance?

How often do you change oil? Tires? under normal driving. Anything else? 05 gixxer 600 thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 09:24 PM

Re: Maintenance?

Quote:
Originally posted by jrog24
How often do you change oil? Tires? under normal driving. Anything else? 05 gixxer 600 thx.
Check your Owners Manual....all that info. is in there....

First bike..?

Never mind..I saw you other post re: this IS your 1st bike..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005, 10:55 PM

I tend to maintain my bike a little too much. I try to change my oil about every 2500 miles, and my tires last depending on how many rolling burnouts, donuts I do, and lets not forget riding in the twisties. If I were you I would just go along with what the manual says and periodically inspect tires, brakes, etc. Good Luck.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 06:29 AM

Oil every 3k, or after a track day. Rear tire used to last me 5k miles when I started, front about 8k. Now they both last about 3k, but its all about how you ride, and what kind of tires you pick (the stickier they are, the less time they are going to last). Chain should be lubed every 500 mi or every week. First chain adjust will come at about 500-700 miles, and about every 1500 miles after that. Dont get your chain too tight, you'll just wear it out faster.
At 12k-14k miles you will have a valve adjust, which is expansive. Chain and sprockets should be changed about the same time (also that depends on how many wheelies you do).
I change my brake fluid at least once a year. I know thats more often than required, but I care about my brakes. I reccomend switching to DOT5 brake fluid. Its synthetic, and doesnt absorb water like the rest of them. It also wont hurt your paint if you spill some. But it cannot mix with regular brake fluid, so the first change is a biatch. You gotta bleed them for a very long time to get all of the old fluid out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode