a ? 4 the noobs - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 157
a ? 4 the noobs

ok now i mean no harm when i ask this but are all noobs as stupid as the 1 i met this weekend??? We were talking about different things and we started talking sbout wheelies. He has a 2005 gs 500....i said all you have to do is hit the back break to get it to come back down if you get scared and that dumba$$ says oh....i hit the front break i guess because its a 500 it will come back easier....my mouth just dropped i didnt know what to say.....someone that stupid shouldnt be riding a bike

comments please...
750babe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 08:47 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,798
LOL...
I had a guy explain, in detail, how his oh so powerfull front wheel drive eclipse wheelies on the front (stoppie style) when taking off at the strip...



Vash is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 08:58 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 624
Re: a ? 4 the noobs

Quote:
Originally posted by 750babe
ok now i mean no harm when i ask this but are all noobs as stupid as the 1 i met this weekend??? We were talking about different things and we started talking sbout wheelies. He has a 2005 gs 500....i said all you have to do is hit the back break to get it to come back down if you get scared and that dumba$$ says oh....i hit the front break i guess because its a 500 it will come back easier....my mouth just dropped i didnt know what to say.....someone that stupid shouldnt be riding a bike

comments please...
Next time, ask for a demo...

Oh yeah, and take the cash out of his wallet while you're waiting for the Ambulance. IDIOT TAX.
Mystery Squid is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:05 AM
S370HSSV 0773H
 
spicersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Posts: 7,437
Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Re: a ? 4 the noobs

Quote:
Originally posted by 750babe
ok now i mean no harm when i ask this but are all noobs as stupid as the 1 i met this weekend??? We were talking about different things and we started talking sbout wheelies. He has a 2005 gs 500....i said all you have to do is hit the back break to get it to come back down if you get scared and that dumba$$ says oh....i hit the front break i guess because its a 500 it will come back easier....my mouth just dropped i didnt know what to say.....someone that stupid shouldnt be riding a bike

comments please...
Everyone knows that to end a wheelie you mash on the front brake while hitting the engine kill switch.


Right?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
spicersh is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 AM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 53
I don't share his practice, but it does work to a certain extent. I don't know if it's the gyroscopic affect of the front tire's rotation coming to a stop or what, but it does bring the front end down. Just like when you're throwin' big air on a MX bike; to bring the front end up, you gas it and to bring it down you pull the front brake. For me, engine braking is usually more than sufficient to bring the front end back down.

Just like Forest says...
That's all I have to say about that.
Humanzee is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:46 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 980
He probably just a noob who wanted to impress you because you are a female, cut the poor guy some slack. Women have the effect of making men say stupid things .
slick1537 is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:52 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally posted by Humanzee
I don't share his practice, but it does work to a certain extent. I don't know if it's the gyroscopic affect of the front tire's rotation coming to a stop or what, but it does bring the front end down. Just like when you're throwin' big air on a MX bike; to bring the front end up, you gas it and to bring it down you pull the front brake. For me, engine braking is usually more than sufficient to bring the front end back down.

Just like Forest says...
That's all I have to say about that.
i think the only way it would work would be if the wheel is heavy enough to, when the brake stopped it from turning, throw some momentum into the front of the bike
but that noob is retarded, not all of us are like that
and the eclipse guy...that just gave me a really funny mental image
zpyro is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered User
 
duessel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,911
Send a message via AIM to duessel
You have to be kidding!
duessel is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Registered User
 
97yzfinwyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: glenrock, wy 82637
Posts: 526
Send a message via AIM to 97yzfinwyo Send a message via Yahoo to 97yzfinwyo
rear brake and clutch

Quote:
Originally posted by Humanzee
I don't share his practice, but it does work to a certain extent. I don't know if it's the gyroscopic affect of the front tire's rotation coming to a stop or what, but it does bring the front end down. Just like when you're throwin' big air on a MX bike; to bring the front end up, you gas it and to bring it down you pull the front brake. For me, engine braking is usually more than sufficient to bring the front end back down.

Just like Forest says...
That's all I have to say about that.
In the air, to bring the front end down the best on a mx bike is to pull in the clutch and rear brake it. this will definately save your ass from coming over backwards
97yzfinwyo is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-13-2005, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally posted by slick1537
He probably just a noob who wanted to impress you because you are a female, cut the poor guy some slack. Women have the effect of making men say stupid things .
i know hes a noob but damn if you dont know what youre talking about then dont open your mouth b/c thats not the way to impress a girl....lol
750babe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome