Well I picked up my first bike today. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Well I picked up my first bike today.

Got it home at around 830 this evening. Brand new 05 Ninja ZX-6R.

Here is a pick from their website. It was completly dark out when i got it home so there was no oportunity for pictures.

It looks absolutly awsome in the sunlight. I Cant wait to get out and see how it rides. Sucks its going to be rainind Katrina after math here all day tomorow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:19 AM
Ice

Sweet bike. I got mine in late March and have put 15000 miles on it already. I have had a couple of bikes previos and thought I wasn't going to be able to ride this thing. Be very carefull. It's got a pretty strong surge at 6500 rpm. Atfer that it strarts to get fun.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:52 AM

Not a big kawi fan but definatly a nice looking machine.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:14 PM

What happened to the ninja 250 you spoke of? That would have been an incredibly better first bike.

But the 6R?

Good luck and RIP. You're way out of your league.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Still getting that but I wanted to get this bike situated so that when next spring rolls around I will be ready to ride it instead of the 250. Deffinetly getting the 250 ninja to get used to all the slow riding so that if i have to drop i can just drop it and not worry about it getting scratched like I would be with thte new bike. In fact I would probably hurt myself trying to keep the new bike from falling if it was about to.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 05:27 AM

In such a case - you should have purchased mid winter... Could have saved quite a bit of money on it.

Regardless - resist the temptation to ride the R6 until you have seat time on the 250. Lots of seat time... Nobody here wants to see you die.

Don't even sit on the thing... like an evil seductive temptress just waiting to ruin you when you least expect it.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

It hasent even been out on the road yet. We have a pretty large driveway, so today I came home and rode the thing around in really slow tight circles, in both directions. And do I mean slow the bike was only at idle in first gear and the speedo was registering 5 mph. So the turns were really as slow as the bike could go. And everydody keeps telling me that the slow stuff is the hardest to learn, because keeping the bike ballanced at slower speeds is a lot more difficult.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005, 07:50 PM

You, my friend, have gotten an awesome bike!

Just please, PLEASE, use good throttle judgment, that thing has A LOT of "OOMF", one snap of the wrist will send you through the side of a building...

IMO, hell with the 250 at this point, you'd just be wasting your money, looks like you're gonna end up learing on the 6R. If you have good common sense, you'll be all right, if you don't, well, I think we all know...

Good luck man!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-02-2005, 06:10 PM

That is one sweet bike. I went to look at them early this week, I love all the colors. My fav was the titanium.

How are you liking the digital tach? I so wish they've gone analog.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-03-2005, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

As far as te gauge package goes, I am noticing that I am not really noticing where the tach is reading because it is a black LED readout. It doesnt contrast off the yellow background verry well. I shift mostly by ear any way. But it would be nice if the tach was easier to read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode