What is the best time of year to buy? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

What is the best time of year to buy?

Well tomorow I'm picking up my first bike. Its a 93 Ninja 250 I'm getting from a friend of the family for $250. Gonna learn on that while saving money to get something new. What I want to know is, is there a certain time of year when a buyer has a little more barganing power than others. Sort of like when the end of the car model year arrives and the dealers will do just about anything to get rid of the year old cars so they have room the the next model year vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:10 PM

Cheaper to buy in the fall. Sellers would like to unload it before the winter rather than have to store it all winter long. In the spring, it's the seller's market, as it's time for everyone to want a bike.

Supply and demand!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 10:25 PM

End of the model year, same as a cage.

You can beat the dealer out of quite a bit if they're itching to get rid of it anyway.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 06:05 AM

I would say it depends on where you are. In the northeast where I am bikes definatly sell for less right before winter because people need the cash for heating and whatnot with the huge oil prices. Bikes will cost more in spring because the snow has just melted and everyone has the itch to ride.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 11:19 AM

I have no experience buying a new bike but once you're set on bargaining, how much of a deduction sounds respectable on a bike? I wouldnt want to give the dealer some crazy number and have him think its a joke.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 12:11 PM

I would buy private party unless you need them to finance or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode