Looking for my first bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Looking for my first bike

Hi guys, i've never riden a street bike, but i plan on getting one soon(6months to a year or such) when my bro comes back from Afghanistan he is going to get one and i really want one, i plan on getting something around a 600. Something like a cbr600, gsxr600/750, or an R6..
Is this wise? I know its a big bike but im a not small, 6'1 180-200lbs or so. What should i take into consideration?
I do plan on getting a used one so i can not worry about gettin it scratched and what not, i plan on this being a bike im going to ride alot and try learning basic stunt like wheelies and what not.
Advice??

Last edited by tyinthedinosaur; 08-27-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 06:03 PM

My F3 is a great forgiving beginner bike with plenty of power and believe me I love high speed runs.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i hear cbrs are the good way to start with a bike, hear they dont power wheelie so much as gsxrs and what not. What about dropping a bike, as i said i plan on buying a used bike that i will mess with, so dropping a bike is something i take into consideration. Should i get "crash cages" or whatever their called?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:08 PM

It's generally not a good idea to start on a 600cc SS bike. However, those that are really careful and pick things up quickly can pull it off. However, you don't even know how to ride and you're planning wheelies and stunting already?!?!

I'd really recommend getting something older as it sounds like you're gonna trash it soon anyway.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Well i dont plan to go out and try shit day one, i know it takes along time to get used to shit, years even. But i plan on getting something relativly cheap and old that if im messing around on it i wont mind scratching or cracking the fairings and what not.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 05:58 AM

Heh my bikes ugly and I fear cracking the fairings, thats why I havent tried any stunts yet. Plus the fact that if I have trouble pulling a wheelie with a 4 wheeler on grass, I am afraid I may kill myself or my machine on pavement.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

I grew up/live in the sticks/boonies in NJ, everyones got ATVS and stuff, i've been drunk on the back of some kids raptor(atv) and this kid was tiny throwing up huge wheelies and crap, my back was like an inch from the ground, was crazy, specially for me being drunk.

ATV wheelies arent that hard, ive done them on my uncles polaris, its just dedication.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Pity you seem determined to get a bike & shorty be doing stunts with it. Best to take into consideration that doing stunts of the public roads is illegal & besides getting the bike rebuilt after pranging (crashing) it can be time consuming & costly not to mention sometimes you need the time to heal up as well due to road rashes, broken bones & such.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

english?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 06:25 PM

You are moving too fast.
you should learn to walk before you run.
No one wants to see you get hurt or worse yet, become a statistic that will be used as anti-bike propaganda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode