sv650s...help me pick which one. (pics and ads) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

sv650s...help me pick which one. (pics and ads)

So I've decided on an sv650s. very stoked.
but I need help deciding which one to buy, a new one or a used one...and if it's used which one..here's some ads.

2001 SUZUKI SV650S, * 650 cc * Clean Title * Never dropped or in accident * New Brakes, Oil & Battery * Includes what you see in pic with alarm and more.* CARBURATOR IS CLEAN & BIKE IS IN GOOD CONDITION * PRICE IS negotiable * PURCHASE OF THIS BIKE IS "AS-IS"
$3,999.00

2005 SUZUKI SV650S, looks & sounds great, dbl bbl windscreen, seat cowl, Huggr crbn fiber Yosh TRS pipe, new tires, great beginner bike, $5895,

2001 SUZUKI SV650S, clean tittle, full body kit, Micron high mount exhaust, PC3R, reverse gears, under 4k miles
$5,500.00

Brand new sv650s 2005, for $6250.00

advice guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:34 PM

the grey one is 03-04, not 01. they all seem pretty pricey, pick the one you like or easy on wallet. but I'd wait for a cheaper one to come by.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 03:27 AM

always stay away from "as is deals", usually the best deals are on less traficked places such as newspaper classifieds, online classifieds, etc. ...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Strength and Honor

+1 on waiting. If you MUST get one now, you can probably cut down the price on any kid who's headed off to college and needs to unload his bike for tuition.

I vote used as well. Avoid bikes that have been repaited, which is a good sign its been down. Sprockets that don't have stock number of teeth are good indicators of stunting. Avoid these as well.

Ebay and local listings are great ways to find bikes. Check your local community college or university for paper pinups of bikes for sale. Talk to local bike clubs to see if any members have a line on bikes. And check SV650-specific forums for bikes up for sale. Since this is your first bike, I'd recommend against buying a bike sight-unseen.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 10:08 AM

I only paid 5500 for my 03 sv650 brand new during peak season. Those all sound pretty pricy when my sv650 was totaled they paid me $4600 for it. So keep looking. there are a few for sale on www.svrider.com they can allso give you more info on them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode