Im a NOOB - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Im a NOOB

Im new to riding and need advice about a bike. ive got it down 2 a few bikes but am unsure because im inexperienced and dont wanna kill my self with too much bike. Im thinking about a kawasaki ZX-6R or a suzuki SV1000S. I know that the kawasaki is a "race' bike but ive been told that the power curve is much more managable than on alot of other 600s and i know the the suzuki might be too big power wise but ive read and heard that the SV is much more forgiving than other bikes. I have sat on both an they feeel very comfertable compared to others(im 6'5"). the reason im going new is because i have an uncle that can get me a good dea on a new one. are either of these bikes suitable or am i gonna die. I already have full gear and am signed up to take MSC. I would also say that im not an idiot and keep things within my means if that makes a differance. sry 4 the long post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 11:25 PM

some people will say "you better stick with a 600" but it would be ok if you started on a bigger bike but you HAVE to be very gentle with it. If you never rode a bike take it super easy on the throttle. both of those bikes are still fast. It really depends on the person's learning curve and natural talnet of a motorcycle.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 02:28 AM

try the SV650s for your first bike

the ZX6R is just as racey as the rest, your thinking of the ZZr600, which isnt much better :/

ninja 500,
Gs500 good smaller bikes
Sv 650s
-------
Sv 1000s
Honda 919 good intermediate bikes
saki z750s

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:51 AM

Hate to rain on your parade, but you might want to try something a tad smaller and cheaper for your first bike. Both the bikes you listed would make great second bike choices, but it would really suck to mess them up learning that cobble stones are really slippery, or that your shouldnt grab the front brake.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

the biggest reason i was leaning towards these bikes is because i had a chance to sit on both and they felt ok sizi wise. i sat on a 500 and it was retarded i couldnt move my feet enough to shift and brake. it was way too small. it felt really awkward even when i was sittting almost all the way in the back and every where in between. i have a lil experieance with dirtbikes so im not toataly inexperienced.. im an athletec person to and ive read that it helps to be athletic with the sportbikes. i also liked the look of the 1000s alotbeter than the 650s the 650 is alot uglyier but i might as well see if i can find one to sit on to see. I also thought that a bike w/o fairings would be better cuz that way when i do fall i dont have to wory bout as much plastic. thanks for all the help.

Last edited by sloppy44; 08-08-2005 at 07:01 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sloppy44
I also thought that a bike w/o fairings would be better cuz that way when i do fall i dont have to wory bout as much plastic. thanks for all the help.
I had the same Idea when I bought my second bike (Z1000). What I learned was that while there are no plastics to break, the metal pieces underneath end up getting messed up. And they are pretty expansive too. So the only way to have a bike fall over cheaply is to not care what it looks like.
Comfort is a fairly relative thing. For example I thought the k5 gixxer was absolutely awsome when I sat on it. Then I rode it, and hated it (the riding postition anyways). My advice would be to pick up the thrifty nickel (or whatever you guys have there) get yourself a $1500 "what is that thing?" ride it for a season, sell it for what you got it (or maybe more) and get either of the bikes your looking at. Of course that depends on what "some expirience with dirbikes" means.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

some expeirience means going in circles and a little easy trail riding so not very much.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 07:59 AM

anyone forget frame sliders? drill dem holes un the fairings mah man, it will save you most of the plastics and almost always - engine parts. things that it won't save are indicators, clip ons, shifter, brake lever, pegs, etc.

I believe lot of the guys went down at excess of 70 mph and frame sliders did its job, saved the frame and engine components

bikes without fairings are cool for all in town riding, but when you take speed above 80 mph, it's nice to have some wind protection.

hey! I resent that! sv650 is not fugly, or at least the first generation ones. lots of guy mistake it for a ducati (monster), which I'm not sure if it was a compliment.

Last edited by Z_Fanatic; 08-08-2005 at 08:01 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 03:06 AM

how does the sv1000s look any different from the 650s

and seriously, work on the spelling, your posts are cryptic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode